Update on my problem with the dogs....

Debi

You were right..seems Addie has claimed the pen as her own...making life miserable for Hammie. I've kept him in at night (the worst time for them) I find that altho she is a husky mix...she has all the husky traits...she needs to run..to hunt..to dig. I live in a very rural area so I have let her, altho I still worry for the occasional car that may come up the road...and I hope she is in the woods. Anyway....this seems to have calmed her enough to let him sleep in the pen. I am still going to ask about neutering tomorrow at the vet. Maybe that will calm Hammie some, too. I am really posting this for anyone thinking of getting a husky....Don't do it unless they will have room to run..surely not a dog for a city yard or even the suburbs. Think first..and be sure you can supply your dog with enough space. I thank you all for your support. I am so grateful for this board!! :)

You've made a very good point. Huskies and Malamutes are definitely dogs that need plenty of room to run. The only way I can think of that would be fair to one of these dogs living in a city or the suburbs is if the owner was a serious runner and took the dog running every day.

Have you thought about teaching Addie to do some sledding or pulling. It might help a lot with her relationship with Hammie, especially since he'll probably join in the fun. Here's a link for a site that has all kinds of info on dog activities: www.workingdogs.com

Members online

No members online now.