i need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you are scolding the poo! Hey, if it works, who cares if anyone thinks you're nuts! You give your dog the idea that poo in the house is a bad, bad thing and doesn't belong there.

your mean

are you people crazy? a dog doesnt understand smacking nor would it understand its nose being put in its turd....i suggest you get a 'how to train a puppy NICELY' book! :mad:

I think what I would say has pretty much already been said....No to smacking and rubbing, yes to positive renforcement.
Just remember that consistency is the key and that when he goes in the litterbox to praise him highly and maybe give him a yummy treat.
I was watching a freinds 5 month old Golden Retreiver puppy for a couple of days and it wasn't fully house broken. When I took it outside and it went, its reward was to run! That got it to hurry up and go potty when it was outside because it wanted to run.
I've never heard of yelling at the mess before! lol But it sounds like it just might work!
Good luck with your Chi!

i didnt mean you serena

serena i wasnt directing that coment at you but at the person who wrote the original message....who said that they had done those things 2 their pup, so unless youve done the same, take no notice of what i said :)

serena, i'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not, but i wasnt talking about u in my post, but about the person who wrote the original message, you know the one who rubbed her pups nose in its turd? well jus thought i would mention 2 u that i wasnt 4 one minute tryna say u would do that 2 ure dog(s) hey, i agree with most of the stuff u were saying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.