The Venting Thread

Gypsydals

mini rant. I got new pictures of the puppies. They consisted of the 2 boys and the 2 patched girls. Umm not the ones I was interested in. *Sigh*

joce

Yeah I would have just gone and went with the plan anyway and let him bitch and moan and groan about it. my OH knows better then to do something like that but sometimes he does and he doesn't get his way about it (hes a Gemini ... they like to change their minds LOL) I don t put up with it ... I make him stick to the original plan.

it has taught him to put a lot more planning and prep into his decisions before he makes them that's for sure. OTOH I don't make snap decisions so if I did decide to get another puppy, it wouldn't be a spur of the moment thing (which it also sounds like your decision was also well though out) so he really wouldn't have anything to gripe about anyway.

He did tell me to go ahead and go- but sixteen hours driving alone would not have worked :( I think he is regretting it now. Don't know what he expected me to do.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Dropped my camera about four feet onto solid asphalt.

My 50mm lens literally snapped in half and the camera is broken. Done for.

Everyone I called to cry to won't answer their phone. I'm drowning my sorrow in pie. And maybe tequila. Or rum. **** this ****.

My roommate at least got a laugh out of it when I said, "GREAT, another thing that I've broken that I can't afford to fix." It's sad but true. I don't want to think about this any more.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I had a puppy. Supposed to leave this am at five to drive out and get her. Husband threw a fit last night out of nowhere after being the one to tell me to call the breeder and setting up the trip etc and said not right time, to much etc. I am just beside myself right now. Telling myself there are worse things that could happen but I feel like I lost Byron all over. Hadn't even met her and I was attached. I've been crying all night. Even worse now I told the breeder.
I read this before and meant to reply. My other half had major cold feet before we got Fred too. Like zomg it's not the right time, we shouldn't be doing this, what are we doing.... It was horrid. Tears, tantrums the lot!

I couldn't have gone and got Fred if he'd stayed like that, but actually..... He just had cold feet. We talked it through. And we got him, even though it was scary and unbeknown to us, was going to be the hardest year ever.... But it still worked out :D he just needed to share how he was feeling, and actually, I'd rather he did that than just pretend it was all ok and he was feeling 100% fine.

Is it too late to chat and change your minds?? Can't you just call the breeder and explain and arrange a later collection? I'm sure they will understand, theyre human :) I hope it works out. Tell him my other half would die for Fred now! He'd have sorely regretted it if we never got him.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Had a root canal done a couple months ago. Now out of nowhere I have pain in that tooth and sensitivity to cold and hot. That shouldn't be possible. Everything in that tooth should be deader than a doornail. I so do not want to go back to the dentist, I am still paying off the last time :(

JessLough

Love My Mutt
my friend decided to tell me last night that when we go to drink, I get loud and talk about how I want to take the bartender home.

I can't go out and drink anymore. :p

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I read this before and meant to reply. My other half had major cold feet before we got Fred too. Like zomg it's not the right time, we shouldn't be doing this, what are we doing.... It was horrid. Tears, tantrums the lot!

I couldn't have gone and got Fred if he'd stayed like that, but actually..... He just had cold feet. We talked it through. And we got him, even though it was scary and unbeknown to us, was going to be the hardest year ever.... But it still worked out :D he just needed to share how he was feeling, and actually, I'd rather he did that than just pretend it was all ok and he was feeling 100% fine.

Is it too late to chat and change your minds?? Can't you just call the breeder and explain and arrange a later collection? I'm sure they will understand, theyre human :) I hope it works out. Tell him my other half would die for Fred now! He'd have sorely regretted it if we never got him.
I think that might be something a lot of people to through when getting a new dog, or a new ... Anything for that matter. There really is no "perfect" time for anything, there is (IMHO) "being prepared as best as you can" time ... I think that's as good as it gets lol, for everything from a new dog to a new truck.

Every dog I have ever brought home regardless of age I always had a "what was I thinking!!!" Moment.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Had a root canal done a couple months ago. Now out of nowhere I have pain in that tooth and sensitivity to cold and hot. That shouldn't be possible. Everything in that tooth should be deader than a doornail. I so do not want to go back to the dentist, I am still paying off the last time :(
make them look at it and work on it for free, since theres clearly still nerves in there ergo they did a halfass job on the root canal the first time and need to finish the job correctly.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
So did the driver of the car.
Yes he did and that's very sad for those who knew him but this is a pet peeve of mine. Paul Walker was a nationally recognized person. That doesn't make his death more important or more meaningful.. You just don't hear about the other guy as much because most people didn't know him, recognize him or have a connection to him. His death IS recognized by the people who knew him, met him, the community he lived in. It just seems like celebrities get all the "glory" but it's just because they are more widely recognized.

AliciaD

On second thought...
My brother does nothing for the dogs. Absolutely nothing. I would list all the things he doesn't do for the dogs but it's easier and just as accurate to say he does nothing.

Years ago he decided he wasn't taking Duncan.

Now he thinks he's moving out and taking duncan with him and changing his food to purina.

My name is on duncan's registration with the city. My name is on the vet bills.

Like hell he's taking duncan.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
make them look at it and work on it for free, since theres clearly still nerves in there ergo they did a halfass job on the root canal the first time and need to finish the job correctly.
Yeah, but I don't think I really want to go back to where I went before. :/

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I just don't want to look at Facebook anymore. If I see one more "omg I got a puppy"from someone who has no business with a dog or second puppy I'm going to scream! This isn't wbout anyone on chaz.

For people I know that are family or family friends posted about a new puppy within two weeks. Two are cousins who can't afford their bills,each have 1 kids under 2yrs old and one has a second son to be born. That last one has already posted on Facebook adding to rehome the 8week "blue nose" for a rehoming fee. Really?! Says it's toomuch with. Well duh.

The other person is a family friend who has a gsd under a year olds that they beat and strangle and complain it doesn't listen. It's a good dog but they can't handle it yet they got a female gsd 8weeks old.

The third has a young child and a Chihuahua who she takes great care of. But her husband takes her in to getting a "red nose blue nose mix pitbull " puppy because he "want a dog that I can train to scare people away from the house". Again, really! ?

I just want to scream! !!! I expect to hear how they had to rehome the pups not to long from now.

Equinox

Dropped my camera about four feet onto solid asphalt.

My 50mm lens literally snapped in half and the camera is broken. Done for.

Everyone I called to cry to won't answer their phone. I'm drowning my sorrow in pie. And maybe tequila. Or rum. **** this ****.

My roommate at least got a laugh out of it when I said, "GREAT, another thing that I've broken that I can't afford to fix." It's sad but true. I don't want to think about this any more.
****. **** **** **** **** :( I am so sorry about this, I would be crying and tearing my hair out and shutting myself away for days drowning in alcohol. Tequila would do the trick for sure. Tequila dumped into a bucket of ice cream.

I'm really sorry. I love your photos so much.

ETA: This suggestion probably won't help (especially since I'm sure you'd prioritize other necessities over a new camera) but you could always look into a used older camera. The Nikon D40 is an astonishingly high rated camera for its age and you can pick up a used one with a kit lens (or two) for about $150.

AliciaD

On second thought...
BabyBlue- tis the season to watch and suffer as non-dog savvy people get dogs. Facebook is the worst for this type of news.

noludoru

Bored Now.
****. **** **** **** **** :( I am so sorry about this, I would be crying and tearing my hair out and shutting myself away for days drowning in alcohol. Tequila would do the trick for sure. Tequila dumped into a bucket of ice cream.

I'm really sorry. I love your photos so much.

ETA: This suggestion probably won't help (especially since I'm sure you'd prioritize other necessities over a new camera) but you could always look into a used older camera. The Nikon D40 is an astonishingly high rated camera for its age and you can pick up a used one with a kit lens (or two) for about $150.
Thank you. I skipped the tequila and took a nap instead. I'm not as upset as I probably should be, thanks to medication that actually works.

Not sure what to do,but I did cry to my mom about it, so I feel better now.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
As if it couldn't get worse. One of the people with a new "pit bull" puppy has a friend who commented with "you should train it to be a service dog. That's what I'm doing with my red nose pit so the apartments can't say anything about it. " I cleaned it up so It's readable. And so family friend responds "I'm planning on doing the same thing. "

Really?

Members online

No members online now.