Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Taqroy

I'm so jealous, I'm almost 12 weeks and look more or less the same as I did six months ago :(
It takes some people awhile to actually have a bump. Mine wasn't really obvious until 14-15 weeks and even then I just looked chubby. :p Matt informed yesterday that I definitely look pregnant now (at 19 weeks) and I've grown a LOT just in the last couple weeks. The second tri doesn't mess around. Lol

jenv101

Bite Club
LOL No it does not mess around that's for sure! I really popped around that time too and started feeling movement ... and more hip and pelvic pain :rolleyes: :p

I am seriously, deeply, thoroughly enjoying trimester 2 so far and we've just started. Can't wait to find out gender-- what a way to ring in the new year!!!

Paige

Let it be
I didn't show till well over half way through my pregnancies. I don't mind so muc has I bounced back really fast after both babies and could still fit through fences at full term. Chasing Briggs around I was super glad I stayed so mobile.

So Briggs went to speech therapy today. The ball is rolling to get him officially diagnosed with autism so we qualify for funding. Crappy thing is that if I were to wait for a government funded assesment it'd take 18 months so instead I get to cough up nearly two grand for it to be done privately. It's not fair to make him wait when I can scrape it together to get it done and once he is diagnosed he qualifies for 22,000 a year for his therapy.

jenv101

Bite Club
So Briggs went to speech therapy today. The ball is rolling to get him officially diagnosed with autism so we qualify for funding. Crappy thing is that if I were to wait for a government funded assesment it'd take 18 months so instead I get to cough up nearly two grand for it to be done privately. It's not fair to make him wait when I can scrape it together to get it done and once he is diagnosed he qualifies for 22,000 a year for his therapy.
Wow that is a long wait time - glad to hear you were able to get it started sooner! I'm sure it will be worth it.

jenv101

Bite Club

Taqroy

Ok, being forced to sleep on my side sucks. I'm sorry stardogs, I hate it and I hope you adjust easier than I am. I keep waking up halfway on my stomach feeling like there's a softball in my spine. I guess the spud doesn't like being squished.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Has anyone's dogs been acting weird since they got pregnant? Fozzie seems much more affectionate. He sniffs my tummy all the time, and he occasionally licks me, which he NEVER DOES.

Gonzo on the other hand has been driving me crazy! Every time I leave the room, he is hunting for food to steal. Frank drinks milkshakes all the time since his jaw is still wired, and Gonzo has become a milkshake addict. He will knock it off the coffee table right in front of Frank if I leave the room!!! The living room carpet is now covered in milkshake stains and I have to get a professional carpet cleaner to get them up. He will steal a sandwich right off my plate if I leave it on the counter and turn around. It's insane. Yesterday, my friend came over with his puppy so I told Gonzo to go into my room. He went in, heard the door, and bolted back out through my legs... knocking me over. I caught myself thankfully, but in the process slammed my foot into the wall. My 3 smaller toes and foot are now completely purple and I'm pretty sure my toes are broken. Wtf??!! I knew he was going to trip me at some point, he's always under my feet and darting around all creepily these days. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant, or he's senile, or both.

Ok, being forced to sleep on my side sucks. I'm sorry stardogs, I hate it and I hope you adjust easier than I am. I keep waking up halfway on my stomach feeling like there's a softball in my spine. I guess the spud doesn't like being squished.
Omg it's so awful!!! :< and it only gets worse.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Has anyone's dogs been acting weird since they got pregnant? Fozzie seems much more affectionate. He sniffs my tummy all the time, and he occasionally licks me, which he NEVER DOES.
This was so Strider. He was doing this within 2 weeks of me being pregnant, before I ever knew. For some reason he loves pregnant ladies. He likes to lay his head on their bellies and listen to the babies. lol

milos_mommy

Where did everyone buy maternity clothes? I looked at Sears and a few other places and they had a really minimal, unpleasant selection...I might try Target.

I particularly need a pair of maternity skinny jeans that will fit someone with long legs. Or sweaters/shirts long enough for a tall person to wear with leggings.

milos_mommy

Target's (regular) clothes here are as cheap as anywhere else except Goodwill/Salvation army if you hit a sale. We don't have Beall's, and the one I go to when I visit my cousins doesn't seem all that cheap...

jenv101

Bite Club
I got some second hand old navy stuff that was pretty nice. I did splurge a few times to get some staples for work (dressier clothes) and for that I went to two maternity stores that we have here - Motherhood and Thyme.

Taqroy

I got some stuff from motherhood maternity that was on sale, my mom got some from thrift stores and my MIL got some from...I don't know where actually. Lol. Have you checked craigslist? I got 5 pretty much new shirts for 15 bucks.

Also belly bands are my best friend. I'm still wearing pre-prego jeans comfortably. And I get to walk around with my pants unbuttoned. Aaaaall daaaaay. :p

Members online

No members online now.