Cording?

Juicy

Since the whole puli thing, I've been thinking if I could find someone or eek, maybe do it myself...cord Pepe's fur? But the thing is he use to have curly poodle hair, but now he has wooley-ish type fur. Can this sort of fur be corded?

bnwalker2

My house is a zoo
I have absolutely no clue how to go about it, but I have seen corded Poodles before. They're neat looking!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i should think he could be corded even if hes woolie, if a groomer cant help, tru searching for hair professionals, starting cords isnt much different than dreading a persons hair.

Juicy

i should think he could be corded even if hes woolie, if a groomer cant help, tru searching for hair professionals, starting cords isnt much different than dreading a persons hair.
I know people who know how to dread hair, but not sure how willing they'll be to do a dog's hair lol, but doesn't hurt to ask....but I'll try asking groomers around here!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I require pictures if you do end up cording! I always wondered if the hair did that by itself or if someone had to help it be so pretty. Good to know it does take effort to get them looking so mop-like!

Juicy

I'm still messing around with some different dying styles, so cording will probably be for next year. I mean a rasta panda dog? LOL. I found a groomer who is willing to do the panda look on Pepe, then going for the pony doodle look possibly for halloween, and after his hair grows back, I'll do cording for sure ;)

Juicy

I was thinking Pepe's hair length doesn't get all that long, but Valentino might be great for cording! So maybe I can do cording soon.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Little bit of interesting reading on some ways to start the cording process Standard Poodles - The Corded Poodle

I knew someone with one a few years ago.. a standard. It took forever for the coat to dry, and she had to do some serious blow drying as they can go moldy if not allowed to thoroughly dry (eww)

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
yes, cording (and dreads in people) when done right in order to look the way they SHOULD) require ALOT of care and upkeep and take a long time to get "established"

the biggest issue with cording is that when your done with the look its a case of cut them ALL off cause you simply cannot comb them out lol

Juicy

yes, cording (and dreads in people) when done right in order to look the way they SHOULD) require ALOT of care and upkeep and take a long time to get "established"

the biggest issue with cording is that when your done with the look its a case of cut them ALL off cause you simply cannot comb them out lol
Well on me it wouldn't be a good look lol...but on my dogs, I've shaved Pepe before and he still looked cute!

Would you think Valentino would look good corded? I've never seen a multi-colored corded dog before! Or shih tzu for that fact!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
ehh i dont think i would do it. ive heard that it does hurt quite a bit (as well as itch), not to mention the lovely process of blowdrying or very very long process of bathing when the dogs gets dirty.
wouldnt the knots pull on the dogs skin a bit? ouchy

ask a groomer :) maybe im wrong, i only know about it in people

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
thats the difference between doing it correctly...if there rolled too tight or too close then yes they can pull and be unfomfortable...

and yes it is alot of upkeep...
but unless theres existing skin issues itching shouldnt be any more of an issue than with a none corded dog.

Juicy

Foxy do you know of any good mist spray for odors so I wouldn't have to bathe so often.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
unfortunatly not off the top of my head, i use cain and able and lOVE it (all natural and great for keeping the bugs off) but its kinda pricey...

Members online

No members online now.