where to buy a no pull harness?

where's a good place to buy one? does walmart have some? are there any brands/types i should look for?

lizzybeth727

I just use this one:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751403
but attach the leash on the ring on the front of the dog (the ring on the bottom in the picture). I have used sensible harnesses and gentle leader no-pull harnesses, but I think this one works just as well and usually costs less than half the other ones. Even wal-mart has started carrying this type of harness, and you probably can't find a pet store that DOESN'T carry them.

This is my favorite. It works well and I like the fact that it doesn't have the martingale style front that tightens around the chest, like giving a correction.

http://www.softouchconcepts.com/products/sense_ible_harness.html
The halti does not actually have a martingale front but unlike the others, has a clip that keeps the chest attachment high enough so as not to risk sternum injury from flipping. It is currently the only one that has that feature on the market. Not sure if you meant the Halti, just wanted to clarify. The floating front does not tighten but rather slides to allows for left or right walking.:)

Dangels

Surrounded by Dane-Angels
My local Wal-Mart does have no pull harnesses, and i'm sure any local pet store would also carry them.

xpaeanx

I use the halti and gentle leader(which is not actually a harness). I got them both from petco and I'm sure petsmart has them too. They both work great.

Those are adorable for teeny tiny breeds but I think that the OP was looking for a no pull harness.

My little Tinker on the other hand would find on of those SO comfortable.:)

King Pup

Has anyone ever experienced dog legs "popping out" of some of these no-pull harnesses? I have a client with a French bulldog who popped out of hers all the time until we decided it wasn't worth risking anymore. We just couldn't seem to get it to fit well. To make it tight enough so her leg couldn't pop out, it just seemed too tight and uncomfortable for her.

Another client I have with a Dachshund puller uses this harness, and I think it's great:

http://www.yuppiepuppy.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=YPUS1008

The Sherpa sleeves are really comfortable. She tried this one after the others didn't work for her, and it's really stopped the dog pulling - which was essential since she's just had surgery for carpal tunnel (I also suggested a shock absorbing leash which is working out great too).

Members online