Mixed bag of a day...

Snark

Mutts to you
The bad: Had to go to work this morning because the log jam of orders in the order entry department finally broke loose and swamped our department on... you guessed it, Friday... And I had plans to go to the local humane society's fundraiser (they're not a 'no-kill' shelter but they work really hard to find homes for the animals who wind up there and have a pretty good adoption rate).

The good: Since it was Saturday, I got to bring Riley to work with me so we could still go to the fundraiser without me having to drive an extra 60 miles to go home, get him and get back to town for the fundraiser.

The bad: After work, while walking to the car (and giving Riley a chance to pee), I slipped in an uneven spot between the grass and pavement, twisted an ankle and came down hard enough on the concrete to rip open my jeans and my knee.

The good: Riley got to meet a lot of people and dogs at the fundraiser, including this pretty boy:

His name is Buddy, he's nine months old and just a sweetheart.

The bad: Went over to Mom's house to visit and while walking past the garage to the front door, had a wasp fly out and nail me right on the ear. Didn't even realize it was there until I heard a sudden buzz and felt the sting. Knocked it away and the darned thing came right back at me until I managed to swat it with my ball cap.

The good: Didn't trip over Riley while dueling with the wasp and he didn't get stung. Sister-in-law stopped by as well, so got to visit with her and the kids, too.

The bad: A nasty thunderstorm was rolling in by the time we got home, so it was a race to get the barn cleaned and the horses in from the back pasture before it hit. Nothing like trying to limp fast while leading a couple of horses and watching the lightning get closer...

The good: Didn't get hit by lightning, which, given the way my day has gone, was a distinct possibility... ;)

So, all in all, not too bad; although I could do without the throbbing ankle and ear... Tomorrow, we're going to the Pirate Festival and it's 'Talk Like a Pirate Day', too. Riley has a skull and crossbones neckerchief, so he should fit right in. :)

Members online

No members online now.