New Dog Law?

darkchild16

We are Home.
WOW i think they are taking it a little to far but hey i dont know the conditions over there alothough we could use some of their laws just not that one

DobermanPinscher

Absolute Dobie Addict
That's a bit much isn't it, it's alot of money and how is the city's council going to keep a check on how many times that people's pets are walked? :confused: Seems a pretty stupid law too me, just imagine if it came over here to the UK and too the US? lol

DP

candy722

Wow Im amazed. You can't bag a goldfish in the street? So are you suppose to carry them in a bucket? hahaha. But I think it's cool that owners should walk their dogs 3 times a week because I think 3 times a week is not enough.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I think it may help to deter people from getting pets unless they are really serious! We shall see though! ;) I do think there should be harsh penalties for animal abusers!!

Its a stupid law, meant to get attention. And it worked.

Besides its not the amount of time you walk your dog but the distance.

My dogs get three miles a day, walking, not including their rough housing in the yard. Yesterday we went into a fenced in property and they ran around in the brush for an hour.

You can walk your dog three times around your home, but if its a Waimaraner, is that really enough?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My mom walks 60 times around the inside of her house (it goes in a circle) for her exercise..and her dogs all follow her..so does Hyia..would bore my Victor to death..he would love the 3 miles but i can't make it that far on my feet..has to be happy with the couple blocks each day and the off leash dog park once a week..
Doe that mean they wouldn't approve of my dying Victor Blue (with bluing) on Halloween when he trick or treated as Blues Clues?

S

Stanna

Amstaffer said:
I have always thought you should have to qualify and obtain a liscense to have the privilege to own a dog
Me too. Then again, i they should pass tests and get a license before raising kids, too :p.

But i suppose that would be a bit fascist.

showpug

This is a little strange. Some breeds would die if they were walked 3 times a day and they would really be in trouble if they were walked once a day in too hot or cold of weather. I think owners (talking about the good ones here) know what is best for their dogs, not the government. :p

Members online

No members online now.