What's in your toy box?

DJEtzel

I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone keeps out for their dogs, if anything, and how they store it! I know there was an organization thread, but it'd be neat just to see what toys everyone has... I'm kind of a toy junky so I'm always looking for new, neat, durable toys for the boys. They just got this new basket a few weeks ago.

Share pictures and such!

Luckily, my dogs don't guard toys so they have this slew out all the time to play/chew on. Some random ropes, a safestix, kong squeaker balls of various sizes and shapes, rubber toys, a few nylabones, atom ball, ruffwear squash, JW squeaker ball and cuz's, frisbee, fluffy random carcasses, jolly ball-ish thing, etc.

DSC_2451 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_2452 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_2453 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Then they have the "good" toy box that they don't have unlimited access to. This has the stuff that they use for training/drive/engagement and only get when we're playing together. Chuck it, ultra balls, ball holder, tug on a rope, jute tug, three different frisbees, dumbell, bumper, birch q tips, a wubba, orbee on a rope, raquetball, good cuz, and zanie stuffy. Oh, and a target lid. XD

DSC_2454 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Let's see those toys!

swabby

I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone keeps out for their dogs, if anything, and how they store it! I know there was an organization thread, but it'd be neat just to see what toys everyone has... I'm kind of a toy junky so I'm always looking for new, neat, durable toys for the boys. They just got this new basket a few weeks ago.

Share pictures and such!
Only the dogs know what all is in there:

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Cool topic! I dont have any pics of them all in one nice spot like that, because the dogs pretty much leave them wherever and I refuse to pick up after them XD

we have a zillion big fat knotted ropes, from 6" to 5'. Kitty LOVES jack shaped toys so we have 10 or so stuffed or rope jacks (like the zanies with squeekers). Tori loves balls so i have somehow accumulated close to 50 tennis balls, and they are everywhere like it rained. When shes really wound up she runs from ball to ball, picking one up and then dropping it for the next one, and because theres literally almost 50 balls, it takes a long time. Its cute. I ought to get video or pictures of it. We have 1 lone 18" Boomer Ball for outside, and as soon as I get a decent recall on the Monkey, im gonna dust off the chuckit for long distance play

Im not very imaginative with my toys. I find a style that the dogs like, and buy a bajillion of them.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
They're all kept behind one of the couches, under the clock, under the cage, or behind the television.

Oh, ferrets :rofl1:

I really have no idea what there is :p we used to have a toy box and it was all neat and tidy. Though, I guess now that we're dogless for the time being, it doesn't really matter. There are tennis balls... stuffies... ropes...

but yah, they're all out all the time.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
LOL .... too much? is that an answer?

I don't think I have any non-cellphone photos (off FB, sorry about the size) but my toy bucket lives above Shamoos crate now. It was a meager attempt to prevent Sloan from dragging every toy we have into the middle of the living room.

Needless to say she bested me, again.

We have since banned any balls small enough to fit under the couch. Those stay in a drawer. All good toys stay in the car or above the washer/dryer. Arnold will tear up toys if I don't catch him so anything left out I have to not care about much.

I get razzed by people that the abundance of toys will hinder my dogs toy drive, my sanity and skin safety is far more important. LOL

Ooooh a little of everything... lol

Regular kongs, puppy congs, a stuffing free toy, a plethora of treat dispensing rubber toys, rope toys, bones, disemboweld/eyeless stuffed animals, noisy human baby toys that we don't need anymore, tennis balls, rubber balls, two frisbees (one cloth, one rubber)...

There are probably more toys in there I just can't remember right now.

MicksMom

Amatures, all of you! :lol-sign: This is the inside toys. I've actually divided them up since this picture was taken. They are now in 2 hampers that size. Outside toys are in a small basket right next to the door on the back porch.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
We have the same kind of bucket as above, and it is to the top, with all sorts!

They hardly play with them at the moment though, because......

Bodhi thinks all the toys are hers, and she must take time to destroy them all. Then keep the smelly, rotten bits forever. And if they cant be destroyed, she will constantly bug you to throw something for her, and generally obsess. Throw it, throw it, throw it.

Fred looooves to lollop with toys in his mouth (banned at the moment) so he's no allowed them.

He is great with soft toys, but constantly (constantly) shoves them AT you because he LOVES to tug (banned at the moment). He mouths them till they're smelly, then runs at you and pokes them into you till you grab it, then he tries to tug it back. And if we don't play, he gets demanding and paws you. Or starts on Bodhi. Who will oblige him (banned at the moment).

Bodhi also loves soft toys. De-stuffing them. So she doesn't get them unsupervised. Once they are de-stuffed, it's ok, but see above re Fred and it being banned for now.

So we have a bucket of toys and they don't play with them!!

I love letting them pick toys out of it though when they are allowed. They mull it over like kids :D and are always so proud of their picks!

Here's a small selection. Some toys are kept put up unless being used or they'll be destroyed. We have a ton of antlers hidden somewhere in the house. A lot of different balls and various chew things. Pirate is funny because he'll dig and dig until he finds exactly what he wants. Then I'll have all kinds of toys just sitting around the floor.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Ironically, the only picture of my toy box contains a dog that isn't even mine :p

It's just a random mix of empty Kongs that need to be filled, antlers, and a billion stuffies that we've won over the years since my dogs tend to baby stuffies so they last forever.

There's another crate of toy in my office, but I don't have any pictures of that one.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Ok, this is so sad and ghetto but I made Merlin this toy box when I JUST got him and I am so emotionally attached I STILL have not gotten rid of it lol

Close up

Toys are all in constant rotation (he works at a pet store LOL these things happen) but the pink fuzzy thing (west paw Salsa) and a few others are his favorites

It's cheap and it's an ugly cardboard box but it was one of the first things that made me think "wow I'm getting a dog.." and I am a bit emotionally invested in it lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Um.

The bone-shaped toy box is for stuffed toys.
The wooden crate is for sheep toys.
The round basket is for non-tennis ball balls.
The wire box is for tennis balls.

This is the non-stuffy toy box... rubber toys, rope toys, they all go in here.

This is the living room toy box, it has a variety of toys - stuffed, rubber, tennis balls, et cetera.

This is Payton's pile of toys in my bedroom that he plays with at 2AM when everybody else is sleeping.

There is also a toy box in the basement, whatever is in there rotates depending on what somebody has carried (or thrown) up or down the stairs.

At my house I have a plastic beach basket outside the door with the Chuck It and balls, the squirrel, an orbee, and like ten tennis balls in it.

I also have a box at my house of toys that need to be sewn up, and another box of stuffed toys to "rotate."
I HAVE actually been throwing some toys away rather than sewing them up. The boys destroyed a sheep toy the other day and I threw it away...

This does not include the hoard of Kong tennis balls on Auggie's crate that I use to replace whenever somebody has killed one.
This also does not include the toys that are outside at my parent's house.
This also does not include the pile of "supervised only" toys.
This also does not include the various toys that are packed away into my various event bags (agility bag, lake bag, et cetera.)

What problem??

Mostly just Wubbas and tennis balls these days, and a few rope toys.

I could live with the messes made by de-stuffing and de-squeakering, but ever since Squash decided to start pulling off big pieces of stuffies and actually swallowing them only to puke them up weeks later, they've been off the menu.

DJEtzel

I'm mobile so I can't post much, but I love everyone's toy stashes!

I have become intolerant to nasty looking pieces of toy, so I throw all of that away. The dogs get a lot of stuffies but always promptly destroy them while
I supervise to pick up all the stuffing because Recon eats it and I can't stand it all over the floor. So I don't think I have any pictures of those. XD

Beanie, I love all your boxes! :)

I did just get a kong extreme somethingerother tough stuffy/squeaker/chew for them and a kong genius toy that I can't find *confused* I hate it when the expensive toys go missing.

I recognize a ton of toys that we have had or have... They just don't last too long. Lol

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
We have large balls for triebbal, a jolly ball that was for a flirt pole but the handle part broke & it's all chewed up so I have to get another one before I can hang it lol.

Their favorite thing is their chuck it. We have tons of different balls for it (pretty much every ball they make.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I actually have my toys organized since I did a massive spring clean of the garage where they somehow seem to collect!

Garage toys (reserved for specific uses)

Purple bag is frisbees, top left drawer is balls of all sorts, bottom left is dock dog and other retrieval toys, top right is stuffies for motivation during training, bottom right is tugs.

Free access toys (kept in our living room)

Extra toys/supervised use only (stored in my office/closet)

Members online

No members online now.