I'm so happy. (does happy bimbo dance) lol.

Doberluv

My poor daughter. She's been without a car for a while now and has been borrowing her Dad's truck. It's a stick shift, which she's adept with, but the clutch is funky, even though it's been replaced. It has no hand e brake (which you can do a little trick to help hold you still when you take off from a steep hill) and those hills in downtown Seattle are something else again when you get to the top and there's a red light. Sometimes you can't see the road in front of you...just the hood of your car. And you hope you won't run over any pedestrians.:eek: LOL. Some of those are so steep, you wonder if you're going to topple over backwards. :rofl1: She's been doing it, but it hasn't been fun. Plus, the heater isn't working and soon it will be winter. Plus, if it snows, it's the worst thing you ever saw in the snow. Sooooooo.....

She works hard, has a pretty decent job. But getting a pretty good car would be stressful and a struggle. So, I was so happy to be able to pitch in and help her out. I gave her a loan for half and I put in half as a gift. So, over the week end we went hunting and we just found a Toyota Rav4 base model with a 6 cyl. engine (a must) and it's 4x4...has 40K miles on it. It's similar to mine, but mine is the sport trim. Anyhow, it's beautiful silver and she's just thrilled.

It makes me so happy when my kids are happy. I'm grinning as much as she is. There's nothing like it. I don't care if people say I'm spoiling her. She's 32 years old. But she works hard and is responsible...and things are tough these days. I just really wanted to make her life a little easier. So, now we both have a winter coat that's the same, a pair of trousers that are the same and now cars that are almost the same. :D

Doberluv

I couldn't do things like that a while back, but I'm able to now. I know what it's like to struggle and it's stressful. Plus, she doesn't have a boyfriend or a baby. She wants a baby more than anything in the world. And it's looking kind of grim. I just felt like, cotton pick it! If I can cheer her up, make her life a little bit easier in some way, I'm goin' for it.

Oh, I'm sure I have my flaws as a mother. lol. But we sure do have fun together. We're like best friends as well as mother/daughter. We go out for a couple drinks and karokeing...(or not). I get invited to happy hour with her friends and dinners and things, her friends from work etc. She and her friends always try to include me. We have a good time together.

So, while I'm still young enough to walk, dance, sing, and go pee on my own, (that's disgusting. :eek: Did I just say that?) I'm going to make the most of it.

Thanks for sharing my little joy for the day.:)

Members online

No members online now.