How do I get up avatars?

Martoch

Is it Halloween yet?
13boxergrl said:
can i send it to you on chazhound?
Got your PM...replied!

I just opened your .gif in ImageReady. The problem is that it has 45 layers because of the image transition, so the file ends up being 92kb and the avatar size limit is 39kb. Whoever created it originally didn't do it quite right, but I'll fix it up in no time.

Martoch

Is it Halloween yet?
Are these colors acceptable? I got the file size just under avatar specs...if you don't like the colors, I'll have to reduce the avatar size to keep the file size under 39kb.

keyodie

Keyozilla
Sorry, it just didn't look like you were joking to me. :D

Did you try ImageShack? Or is it just the avatar size control thing that is making it look like that?

Martoch

Is it Halloween yet?
No prob...I'm new here, so I understand the confusion. After a while, you'll realize that I like to joke around and have fun.
:D

I don't use ImageShack at all...I do all of my own image editing and use my own web space for hotlinks. The reason the color quality is lower than the original is because in order to reduce the file size to under 39kb (within avatar specs), I had to either reduce the image size from 100x100 to something smaller or reduce the amount of colors. A .gif has 256 maximum colors...I dropped the colors to maintain the 100x100 image size, but reduce the overall file size to under 39kb.
Make sense?

Saje

Island dweller
is your dpi at 75? You shouldn't have to drop colours for something so small.

Martoch

Is it Halloween yet?
Her particular image's DPI is at 72, but there is no need to adjust the DPI when dealing with animated .gifs. I don't reduce colors unless there's nothing else I can do to bring the file size under the 39kb limit. The original file has 45 layers and animation frames which is WAY too many for this animated .gif. I reduce the number of layers/frames first, then work on the reduction type, loss, colors, etc.

Elleoz

I am wanting to change my avatar and everytime I try to upload it I get an Invalid URL message. It is stored in Photobucket (as was my last one) and I am using their URL.

HELP!!

swabby

I get the message upload of file failed?

I do see the avatar in user cp tho.

Guess this post will tell me if it worked or not. :)

ETA...Yippee!

Members online

No members online now.