Pictures of a stray cat colony (with a raccoon)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
So I started helping some cat ladies take care of a bunch of cats in their house as a second job, and I also help them with two stray cat colonies (right nearby each other). Yesterday I got some pics.

Buff and white cat (has something wrong with his back foot, limps bad)

Same cat

Same cat with a brown tabby in the background.

Random calico

Skinner and the cat with a limp

They call her Skinner because she's old and skinny. She's like the colony grandmother. She greets most of the cats with head bumps. I'm going to talk to FOHA about taking her and the cat with the limp. If they can't, I'll talk to some other cat rescues.

Cats chillin' in the road.

Cute fluffy kitty

MORE

Sweet72947

Squishy face

I like this guy's grey mustache. He's a big guy, and pretty too.

And this is Conner.

And this is another buff & white cat. There's three different ones. I think this is the saddest look on a cat I've ever seen.

And this is Little Grey Kitty. Once he warms up to you, he's very sweet and loves pets (he hasn't warmed up to me yet though).

And then, I go just up the street to the other stray colony, which only has four cats (and a raccoon, lol). Here's an orange tabby.

Buff & white hiding under the picnic table.

Few more!

Sweet72947

Squishy face

Handsome black fella (or girl, dunno)

And then the raccoon joined them for dinner. *sings* One of these things is not like the other...

Done!

Dekka

Just try me..
Skinner has the most stunning and arresting eyes. She looks very wise, I so hope you can get her a home. If I could have a cat (I love the old stay cats... they often really really appreciate the comforts of home life)

How wonderful your helping out. I've always wanted to help take care of a colony.

Do they TNR these cats?

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I was wondering the same thing. With a lot of cats that are missing an ear tip I was wondering if thats how they 'marked' them after being vetted.
Thats how they mark them here. Last summer I trapped a bunch from a 15 cat colony in the neighborhood. It was $10 to rent the traps. Then they got spayed or neutered, spent a night in the garage. And then were re released. Local shelter offers the services. I still take in the occasional stray.

But yeah with the ferals they clip the tip of one ear.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Send me Skinner. She looks just like my old Jenny did, and I miss that cat like hell. I've been looking for another with similar looks and attitude, but it's been a no go.

Seriously, though, if I didn't have to ship her over, and it be so stressful on the poor old girl, I'd have her here in a heartbeat. Just looks so much like my Jengi did!

T

tessa_s212

I hope they are being TNRd as well. Ideally, ALL are best s/n, but if limited funds, I focus on TNR the females. Males can and will wander to other females, but it takes care of that problem in that immediate area.

Skinner looks like the 'momma cat' we had here for a long time. She got real old and skinny, really smart cat.. and then one day they found her under some equipment in the barn. :( So then we only had one female instead of two, so she was spayed immediately to prevent more kitties.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
How wonderful your helping out. I've always wanted to help take care of a colony.

Do they TNR these cats?
Yes, they are all spayed and neutered. Some other group came and did that a while back. I don't know why they didn't keep at least some of them, I wouldn't classify any as totally feral.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
If they are being sterilised they are probably happier to be out with their family. I should imagine it would be quite stressful to an older cat being placed in a home at this stage of her life.
They are very cute though. I think I may be warming to the idea of a cat. YIKES!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
If they are being sterilised they are probably happier to be out with their family. I should imagine it would be quite stressful to an older cat being placed in a home at this stage of her life.
They are very cute though. I think I may be warming to the idea of a cat. YIKES!
Well, the thing is, Skinner scratches and licks ALL the time. She probably has a bad mite infestation and/or fleas or something. I don't want her to live in itchy misery if I can do something about it.

I saw cat with a limp's foot up close yesterday while he was eating. His toe looks mighty infected. :/

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I though that foot looked pretty swollen. Hope you can get him some help before it's has to be amputated. Very interesting photos.

Members online

No members online now.