Concerns.........

Julie

I am back again.
Hi all........
I have been busy this summer and we all have been away alot.

working on our garage more, camping, and alot more.

My concerns:

I know that some heavier dogs get kennel elbows, but my Charlie is not in a kennel and he has a soft spot to sleep, well his callouses (sp) have gotten bigger over this summer... I never worried about them before but they have grew abit since last year. I really noticed they were bigger after his stay at the boarding kennel (five nights). Rocket and Shiloh do not have any at all. His surroundings are the same as theirs. But they are lighter and seem more agile. When Charlie lays down you hear a thud from far away, when Rocket or Shiloh lay down, they do it with more grace. Should/Could I do anything else to help reduce his callauses?

Another thing I will share:
Rocket also stayed at the kennel for five nights.... She lost about 6 pounds. It has been a couple weeks since and she still hasn't gained all the weight back. She is a thin dog anyway, and this just ruined the good body weight she was at before her kennel stay. Any suggestions?

Thanx,
Julie.

L

LabBreeder

I dunno. I noticed Tira has started developing kennel elbow as well. She's just lost the hair and has no callouses yet...just little bald spots. She lays down rough and doesn't always lay on the love seat (that's her spot).
I was told you can't really do anything about them except have soft spots to lay on. You've already got that, so I dunno. :confused: Sorry.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I don't know, or at least haven't heard of anything that can be done for kennel elbow? Buddy has it pretty bad too, but he is such a "monster," lol. He is rough and pounces and thuds when he goes down and he too has soft places to lay. Although he does take to the deck outside when it's nice and warm.

Hmm, as far as Rocket.. maybe add some yummy stuff to her food? Yummy, fattening stuff? Other than that, I really don't know. I hope she gains back her weight though!

First make sure Rocket didn't pick up some sort of bug or worms at the kennel. If that's clear, it may just be that it's too hot for her to want to eat enough right now to gain the weight back.

Members online

No members online now.