The dog musing/vent thread

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Anyone want a cat that's masquerading as a dog?

This is what Ruby has been doing to me all day.

She harasses me for a belly rub. Flipping upside down and pawing at me. Then after a few she wants to latch onto my hand with her paws and gnaw on me.

She's also really fond of sitting on the back of the couch and periodically swatting me in the back of the head.

I just don't understand :confused:

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Mr. Golden-Pei needs surgery that costs 2 grand. Not really a cost I want to incur right off the bat, though I do feel bad for him :( I'm trying to think logically and coldly (I could get a Pei pup from health tested parents for less than that, and that's not including his adoption fee - and he still might not be sound enough to do even low level sports after the surgery for all I know). But eugh, he's such a sweetheart.

Less than 24 hours until I meet houndy girl.
What kind of surgery?

Slick

Kristina
Siiiiigh...Leo growled at me when my hand got too close to his bully stick he was chewing. He hasn't done that in months.

Don't have any dog treats in the house, so I am spending the evening randomly taking his bully stick and giving him a banana piece in exchange, then giving the bully back. He is quite happy about it.
At least I have a food motivated dog who thinks pretty much any food is high value :eek:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Middie was having a hard time deciding where to poop, so I was standing out in the yard shouting encouragement to him like a personal trainer.

"I BELIEVE in your ability to poop!"

"You are awesome! Just gift the grass with your poo!"

"I KNOW YOU CAN POOP, JUST SQUAT!"

"MORE SQUATS!"

"You are better at pooping than anyone else I know!"

Neighbors must think I'm totally nuts. If walking around in a bathrobe with a mug of coffee and having eight thousand cars wasn't enough. . . now they are sure.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Middie was having a hard time deciding where to poop, so I was standing out in the yard shouting encouragement to him like a personal trainer.

"MORE SQUATS!"

Neighbors must think I'm totally nuts. If walking around in a bathrobe with a mug of coffee and having eight thousand cars wasn't enough. . . now they are sure.
God, I love you.

I have potentially exciting happenings happening late next month. We shall see... lots of work to do.

Not a puppy, sadface.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Why do I have to have morals? Apparently you can take any random husky and any random pom and the pups go for $3000 a pop.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I went to the park today to play with Cajun and when we got there, someone else was just getting their dog out of the car too... this isn't a "dog park" so I thought about just turning around and leaving, because I didn't want to risk Cajun bugging this person/dog, and I didn't want their dog to come bug us. But I decided to give it a whirl because I was relatively confident that Cajun would be more focused on playing frisbee. The other dog happened to be a Doberman too so when I got out of the car we chatted a bit, she told me her dog is just focused on his tennis ball and won't pay attention to us yada yada... to make a long story a little shorter, Cajun was GREAT and as I hoped, totally did not care that this other dog was playing fetch. Every once in a while she'd stop and watch him, but never attempted to go over to him and always refocused on me when I called her. SO happy!

Now, if only she could just display the same indifference towards Juno. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
In some ways it is so tempting.

**** morals.
I shall join you. One litter and I could be like, "Bam! Screw you student loan! Screw you car payments! Screw you monthly bills!"

Someone else can have the husky, though. I'll just stud out the Pomeranian. Money cannot tempt me to live with a husky. Lol

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word

"MORE SQUATS!"

:rofl1:

That's just awesome.

Paviche

Duuuuude.

"MORE SQUATS!"

So is this an improvement over his previous POOP ALL OF THE PLACES? Or not? :p

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I shall join you. One litter and I could be like, "Bam! Screw you student loan! Screw you car payments! Screw you monthly bills!"

Someone else can have the husky, though. I'll just stud out the Pomeranian. Money cannot tempt me to live with a husky. Lol
The way I think about it... 6 litters a year at 3-6 puppies each would be $81k a year.

I seriously see why people get into these kinds of things.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
The way I think about it... 6 litters a year at 3-6 puppies each would be $81k a year.

Theres a doodle breeder here that allegedly makes over $100k a year on average just from the dogs... She farms her bitches out to "foster homes" for a fee and then breeds them until she's gotten enough from them.

And I doubt that's recorded income either...

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution

Yeah one litter would be like, my yearly salary :(

I've actually had NUMEROUS emails from people asking if I had/were planning Finkie puppies. Kimma is spayed, and Bubbles I'm afraid to breed again for reasons. Jari is too young to do anything yet. I agree - darn morals/genuine love for my animals.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Okay, Abrams. Time to stud you out for $800 a try. 'Bout time you earned your keep.

Or, better yet: Chessadoodles. The hypoallergenic gun dog. Have allergies, but still want a serious, determined duck dog? Look no further than the Chessadoodle. All of the power and drive of a Chesapeake with the trainability of a poodle, PLUS no shedding.

Last edited:

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I've got it!
I'll breed Rigby to something short with a longer coat.
MINI German Shepherds - smaller than your average GSD, but big enough that they can still be considered "manly" (or whatever the heck these people that fall for such scams will go for). I swear they will be all the rage, one litter and I'll be set for the season.

Now if I could only figure out how to reverse a spay...

Members online

No members online now.