What are your upcoming Dog Plans?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You could always try something low key for him! I know nosework isn't as exciting but it's fun for the dogs if it's offered anywhere. Or you could just do it on your own.

elegy

overdogged
Nothing earth-shattering. Flyball tournament in March, maybe the USDAA Mid-Atlantic Showcase with Steve in May, just because it's local. I think Steve has two P1 Gamblers legs, so it'd be nice to get him a title. (Steve loves Gamblers best of all)

Right now I have Steve in agility classes plus flyball practice every other week, Bean in Rally 1 class plus flyball practice every other week, Luce in rally courses class, and Hambone in beginner obedience plus flyball practice.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
You could always try something low key for him! I know nosework isn't as exciting but it's fun for the dogs if it's offered anywhere. Or you could just do it on your own.
We definitely do some nosework with him at home. He really enjoys it, but I haven't been able to find anyone that knows what they are doing to do a class.

There's a possibility David may do some Obedience or Rally with Art, but it's still up in the air at this point.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Denise Fenzi has some online nosework classes. I'm in the advanced right now. It's $65 for a 'bronze leve' (nonworking spot) but it's been very good. Lots of good stuff I hadn't thought about. But they're geared towards NASCW trialing. But still good just for fun, imo.

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
Good luck to everyone with shows coming up!!

Let's see...we are busy this next month:

Tomorrow and Sunday (if the weather isn't horrible) - USDAA Agility for Lars

Lars AKC obedience show and Go - Feb. 23

Lars last AKC RAE leg show - March 1st

Ocean - UKC Rally - March 8th

Lars - AKC Agility - March 23 - 23

Ocean NADAC Agility - March 29 -30

Depending on where Lars and I are doing with Utility - Lars AKC obedience 4/12 13. If we're not ready...then Ocean will do AKC Rally instead.

CAT= coursing?

They offered a coursing deal a while back at my sports place but I had never heard of anyone doing one with a toy dog. Summer would not chase but Mia probably would. How is it run?
Coursing Ability Test through AKC. I thought that was how you abriviate it. Small dogs under 12" I believe only go half the distance of larger dogs. If they keep focused and follow the lure the whole course, they pass. Three passes equal a title, CA.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Denise Fenzi has some online nosework classes. I'm in the advanced right now. It's $65 for a 'bronze leve' (nonworking spot) but it's been very good. Lots of good stuff I hadn't thought about. But they're geared towards NASCW trialing. But still good just for fun, imo.
You can also apply for a scholarship with them and get it for a lower rate. I think $35. In case anybody is interested in any of her classes but money is tight.

Talking to my mom about entering the puppies in a localish novice only trial the weekend before Louisville... just to get them in a ring and do some work before being like LOLOLOL OKAY NOW WE'RE IN LOUISVILLE SURPRISE DO AGILITY AGAIN. She's not thrilled about the idea, but I'm about to be like "okay, well, I'm entering and I'm taking Georgie with me."
Also considering going down towards the STL area in April... initially I didn't want to enter because it will interfere with my half-marathon training, but. But.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The most immediate is Frodo's upcoming Rally debut! Only 8 years in the making :rofl1:

Siri will continue doing agility lessons and working on disc. I would love to enter her in a disc competition this year, but we will see how she progresses once it's warm enough to get outside.

I also plan on having Siri condition with me in the Spring when I start running again. I would love to rollerblade with her as well, we will see how her conditioning goes!

crazedACD

I'm just winging it for now...I had hoped to enter an obedience and rally setup in April, but I'm sort of put out by registering my dogs into yet another venue just to 'practice', sort of (CDSP). It's really up in the air with Romeo, I go through periods where I think his vision and mobility are OK enough to do these things, then I wonder if I'm not being fair to him, but he likes to do this stuff so why not...ugh. I'm hoping Fiona will be ready to get started in rally puppy stuff by that date, but again it's WCRL rally so I have to register her again at like $35. I'd like to stay in the AKC world but AKC rally doesn't have 'puppy' classes. I guess with Fi it will depend on how quickly the snow melts so we can actually get down to training.

I'm searching the AKC events page for CAT tests every week or so. Going to put Fiona on at some point, hopefully. Would like to with Skye but it depends on the venue, a safe place she can go off leash.

Watching for herding ability tests, also going to start contacting people regarding herding lessons. Will probably start some tracking with a friend when the snow melts.

Skye, I'm considering my options with further agility classes, actually. She likes it, I like doing it. Might also do a few more barn hunts just because.

So...no exact dates set in stone, but that's what I have going on :).

BostonBanker

All USDAA agility, all the time (or as much as my wallet can manage).

A seminar in mid-April, assuming we get in.

Definitely a day or both in Mass the last weekend in April. Definitely all three days in RI over Memorial Day weekend, as that is my birthday and my gift to myself is 3 days of trialing without hating myself for spending the money (and it is a great site that my dogs love). Our club's trial in June. I'd like to squeeze in another day or two somewhere in the middle, but it will depend on money and on just how much Gusto's stress issues have actually been resolved.

I'd like to try to finish his P-MAD by the end of the summer, and be able to start really focusing on his championship. We'll see. I'm on a high after his amazing trial last weekend, so feeling very optimistic!

Match show on March 2nd - we probably won't bring the girl dogs but Newton will be there. The kennel club invited longhaired whippets and some other rare breeds, which was a very nice gesture!

Agility trial sometime in March, depending on how busy I am with classes.

ILWC specialty at the end of May.

And the biggest dog plan - hopefully Journey puppies mid-April :D

SpringerLover

For Gabby: April WCRL trial! Maybe, hopefully an AKC rally trial in the summer.
For Siri: I'm hoping to talk Lauren into taking her to the weight pull intro thinger, and I'm supposed to be showing her in the April WCRL trial as well!

That's pretty much all I'm looking forward to right now in regards to showing!

MrsBoats

All USDAA agility, all the time (or as much as my wallet can manage).

Definitely all three days in RI over Memorial Day weekend, as that is my birthday and my gift to myself is 3 days of trialing without hating myself for spending the money (and it is a great site that my dogs love).
I'll be at that show with my boys! Just look for the rottweilers....I'll stand out. LOL :rofl1:

Elrohwen

I'll be at that show with my boys! Just look for the rottweilers....I'll stand out. LOL :rofl1:
Speaking of shows with the rottie twins, are there any West Springfield shows you guys attend, other than the Thanksgiving cluster? I looked for you guys last year, but didn't see any rotties hanging around (just a million shelties and border collies). I have a feeling we'll be there at least a few times this year. Do they have agility at the July 4th cluster? I've decided to go major-or-bust and do every day of that show.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I have to still sit down and make my calendar. I can't do too much this year because of moving. There will be a few lure coursing trials and possibly one or two straight races.

Going to do the barn hunt trial with Jacksonsmom probably. Speaking of which where are the practices being held that you mentioned?

Pet expo in March

Possibly entering a rally trial if I can work up the nerve.

MrsBoats

Speaking of shows with the rottie twins, are there any West Springfield shows you guys attend, other than the Thanksgiving cluster? I looked for you guys last year, but didn't see any rotties hanging around (just a million shelties and border collies). I have a feeling we'll be there at least a few times this year. Do they have agility at the July 4th cluster? I've decided to go major-or-bust and do every day of that show.
Not really...if I make the trek to Springfield...it's for the thanksgiving cluster. As far as I've seen...that's the only time they do agility there.

A lot of the rottie crew besides me don't let their dogs hang around...they usually just keep them in the cars. The Deerwoods crew all wear matching tie dye sweatshirts so we can find each other. LOL Next year, I'll take photos of the colors we chose for the days you'll be there. Don't worry...you'll see us. We look like a cult or something wandering around the Mallory building. LOL

Editing to ask...would you ever go to the Wine Country Cluster in Romulus, NY? That's back "home" for me...and it's at Sampson State Park on the east shore half way up Seneca Lake. It's not far at all from Ithaca. Figured that's a good reference since you and I both have close ties to "high above Cayuga's Waters." :) :p

Katem

The plan is to 'debut' Badger at Bucks/Trenton the first weekend in May. That's the only solid conformation plan I have.

There's going to be a nosework seminar sometime in March. It might conflict with Pig's 2x2 class though and we've been having trouble with those, so I'll have to see about that.

I'm still undecided about an obedience seminar in June. Part of me really really wants to go, but it would also mean skipping out on my trip to California in May.

No other set plans for trials, but I might try to get Badger's TDI at some point this year.

Elrohwen

Editing to ask...would you ever go to the Wine Country Cluster in Romulus, NY? That's back "home" for me...and it's at Sampson State Park on the east shore half way up Seneca Lake. It's not far at all from Ithaca. Figured that's a good reference since you and I both have close ties to "high above Cayuga's Waters." :) :p
I actually really want to go to that show, since my husband and I both love that area (he also went to Cornell and is from Rochester). The past entires show that no Welshies ever enter though, so I kind of crossed it off for conformation. Maybe if we're ready for rally this year we could attend. At the very least I could drink so much local wine that I don't mind being the only Welsh and having to go in the group ring. Haha

Elrohwen

The plan is to 'debut' Badger at Bucks/Trenton the first weekend in May. That's the only solid conformation plan I have.

There's going to be a nosework seminar sometime in March. It might conflict with Pig's 2x2 class though and we've been having trouble with those, so I'll have to see about that.

I'm still undecided about an obedience seminar in June. Part of me really really wants to go, but it would also mean skipping out on my trip to California in May.

No other set plans for trials, but I might try to get Badger's TDI at some point this year.
What's the Trenton show? Watson's breeder is near Trenton, NJ so maybe we should look into that one.

And you should definitely do the obedience seminar!

Members online