2013 Official Chaz Weight Loss Challenge

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
According to the scale, I'm down 5 pounds since Friday. I blame a little bout of stomach flu since I'm not eating nor exercising.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ugh Eddie... the flu bug struck our house over the weekend too. Thankfully I have so far escaped it's clutches *knock on wood*

Today I finished my fab abs workout (45 crunches, 11 pushups and a 40 second plank) and did 50 minutes of Turbo Jams Punch, Kick and Jam :)

tomorrow is my rest day, thank goodness... my body needs a rest after yesterday lol

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I felt good enough to work out a bit today. Just did the one. 10 minute trainer lower body. Thighs are like jelly now. Also I was able to eat and actually kept it down.

Yay!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I felt good enough to work out a bit today. Just did the one. 10 minute trainer lower body. Thighs are like jelly now. Also I was able to eat and actually kept it down.

Yay!
Well that is great news :). Glad you are feeling a bit better

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Slightly worried about my ankle. It's been hurting since Tuesday... pretty sure it did not hurt before my run on Monday (or my TRX training on Monday either, can't be positive which might have hurt it but I think it's fair to assume it was the running.) I think I aggravated it in agility class last night while sprinting around and turning for crosses and stuff, because it hurt bad enough I felt like limping on it after I got home. I did not hop on the treadmill and run afterward like I was scheduled to. I'm not sure if I should also skip cycling tonight to give it a break, or just carry on. It doesn't seem swollen, it doesn't look bruised, it just... hurts.

ugh ugh ugh injuries why. There is no TIME for injuries in a training schedule. *flips table*

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Beanie, how is it now?

I've taken two days off because shark week and HOLY CRAMPS BATMAN. I really need to do something tomorrow, though. Shooting for a mile on the treadmill, an ab workout, and I'd like to do one more thing but I'm unsure what... suggestions? Maybe a few planks instead of just one? I need a big bang for a quick workout, I have to sneak it in in between cramps lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's definitely swollen, not visibly, but when I sit on the ground and put my hand on either ankle, I can feel a difference for sure. My mom couldn't tell but I can tell. After some thought and twisting it around, I think I actually DID somehow twist it during TRX. We did floor work where my feet were in the resistance bands and it's possible I just twisted it the wrong way. Running doesn't hurt it, walking doesn't if I focus on walking totally straight, but if I just walk normal without thinking about it, I twist my foot enough that it hurts. So as long as I can run without pain I'm going to do so... that uhhh might be a bad idea. Do as I say, not as I do, folks.

Actually, since I am supposed to have personal training tomorrow, I'm going to ask my trainer if HE can tell if it's swollen... and ask his take on it... so... yeah.

As far as quick bang for your buck workouts, I'd say go for this:
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I'm glad you get to see your personal trainer tomorrow. Don't hurt yourself any further, please :p

Thank you for the link! Quite helpful.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
And my weigh in this morning puts me down 28 1/2 pounds since January 2.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Thanks Tanya! Of all people, my tailor noticed this week. I brought her a pair of pants to hem and she noted that she won't have to let them out as well. She offered a "2 for 1" on taking in the pants she already let out last year.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My ankle feels MUCH better today... still a little sore but my mobility is much better without feeling pain.
WHEW.

I told my co-workers this morning I'm already starting to feel the panic creep in. A local movie theatre is building an IMAX addition, so they are closed until May. This was the conversation:
"Wow, until May?"
"Well, I guess it's only three months away."
"That's true... it just seems so far away! You hear 'May' and you think, wow, that's forever!"
Me: "Try planning on running a half marathon again at the end of April. Suddenly it seems incredibly close. Oh God."

*runs around flailing*

FG167

*runs around flailing*
These visuals make my day :)

I'm bumming because I'm still overweight and it's going nowhere...I'm running at least 10 miles every week. And I'm enjoying the running, a lot. The pace is the best I can do (10:30ish per mile, for 4+ miles), I'm keeping a positive attitude. I'm watching what I eat and eating small meals and healthy and only when I'm actually hungry. I've lost 2 lbs. In a month. *sigh* :( AND my clothes are not looser and my face is not skinnier...

On a positive note, I am on a running schedule for a half marathon and I was supposed to run 3.5 miles, 3.5 miles, 5 miles for my days this week. I ran 4.35 the first day, 5.41 the second day and I'm going to run again today. Just because I felt good and was having a good time out with Kastle :) Going to take Limit tonight for 1-2 because he needs it. I'll probably do 3 total tonight. Agility tomorrow.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Glad it's feeling better, Beanie! Keep it up, Falon, you're doing awesome.

Does anyone use Map My Walk?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
FG, let's troubleshoot and see if we can't help you get things kickstarted! Tell me more about your diet. Give me a typical day, what you eat, where your calories and other macros are at (fat, carbs, and protein are the most important.)
What other workouts are you doing besides the running?

Julee, I haven't used Map My Walk but I have used Map My Run, I think it's by the same people (I think they have a biking one too?) I love it. Inside of training season I map all my runs before I hit the streets so I know exactly the route to take to hit my miles. It's invaluable for my long runs. I have thought about buying a Garmin Forerunner to use, but realistically, I don't think I'm the personality type to just go out and run willy-nilly and check my watch to see if I'm ready to go home or need to keep going... I might do that outside of training season where the mileage is less important, but at that point, I wouldn't really have a marker to be worried about measuring against anyway, so... I haven't done it. I'm too Type A LOL =P So yeah, mapping stuff out beforehand is awesome!

Members online

No members online now.