Breeder/Team/Kennel Names

SaraB

If you have a breeder, kennel or team name, how did you pick it? Is there sentimental meaning behind it or did you think it just sounded good?

Lyzelle

Interested to hear everyone's opinions on this. I'm years away from looking for breeder or kennel names, but I'm always thinking about it. Totally feel lost and stupid for the names I come up with. :lol-sign:

So it'll be neat to hear everyone else.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
If it doesn't go along with a catchy theme song/you didn't write one... you are basically a failure in my eyes.
Just so you know.
lol

My kennel/team/breeder name would be "Space jam"
and then we could play this at every show or event
http://youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8
and all my dogs would have astrological names.

BOOM.
Just dominated this thread lol

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Stardogs is my "kennel" name - it goes on all my rescue/shelter dogs' registrations! Can't remember how I picked it, but it was when I was about 16 iirc.

Our DD team is Team Menapode because all the competing dogs have been referred to as "menace" at various times and DH thought the plural of menace should be menapodes. ;)

Red Chrome

My kennel name is VonKromeHaus. I liked the way it sounded and I have a love for classic cars. My favorite color is chrome and it is used in all my dog's registered names.

SpringerLover

I use Aroha. It means love in the Maori language spoken in New Zealand. I "discovered" it while my aunt and uncle were living over down under.

I don't know if I'll ever breed, but I like it. Short and sweet and meaningful.

Bailey is registered with CPE and CDSP as "Aroha's Limited II Irish Creme" (plays on mom's and dad's registered names) because I couldn't put "Madam Bailey Angel" on another registration form!

Grab

I use one that is the first half of my first name and the last half of my maiden name. (which equals an actual word, lol) All of the registered dogs have it, even the Chows have it incorporated, although they have their breeder's kennel name as well.

SaraB

My disc dog team name is The Zoom Crew. Obviously named for Zuma. I've been racking my brain forever trying to come up with a breeder name that can incorporate Zoom into it without sounding cheesy but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm sure the perfect one will jump out at me eventually.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I use the prefix SEK for personal dogs, though what it stands for is dorky (Shadow of Embyr Kennels, I came up with it shortly after I got Em... I was 13, okay). For dogs I train for others, it's UP for Unleashed Potential.

Saeleofu

I don't have one yet, and won't be needing one for a while, but I've been toying around with names for a couple years. I used to want Spectrum as a kennel name, but then when I went to collie nationals I saw there is already a Spectrum Collies, so that's a no-go. I'm currently leaning towards Vortex as a kennel name. Anyone who knows me well should be able to figure out the reasoning behind that one :rofl1:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My disc dog team name is The Zoom Crew. Obviously named for Zuma. I've been racking my brain forever trying to come up with a breeder name that can incorporate Zoom into it without sounding cheesy but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm sure the perfect one will jump out at me eventually.
best 90's tv show ever.
http://youtu.be/hn45I1FQ154
and it had a catchy theme song.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Stardogs is my "kennel" name - it goes on all my rescue/shelter dogs' registrations! Can't remember how I picked it, but it was when I was about 16 iirc.

Our DD team is Team Menapode because all the competing dogs have been referred to as "menace" at various times and DH thought the plural of menace should be menapodes. ;)
I never knew that, cool!

We use WarTree because Denis' last name is German for, shocker, "War Tree".

However, Sloan is registered von Krigbaum. (the German name)

I had been trying to think of team names but when I stopped thinking about it, it just sort of came to me (Mush Puppies).

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Mine is a combination of my and hubby's names. It was originally just a joke then I used it when I registered Kim & Webby and now it's in Mira's name too so I guess it stuck lol...it was not originally intended as a name for anything, though. Just us playing with words in response to seeing some grafiti near our first apartment.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Our team name is Team Blazin'. Obviously it's taken after Blaze, but it's also a name I feel I can use with future dogs, too.

It's kind of funny, too. I named Blaze 'blaze' because I wanted him to be like a wildfire 'blaze' that 'takes over everything' because that's what I wanted him to do - be a dog that would excel in whatever we tried. So when someone suggested "Blazin'" for a team name, it really hit the mark!

Members online

No members online now.