So...Internet dating...

JacksonsMom

Never have. Not going to lie though -- I've considered it recently. I'm not really one for "going out"... like I have a small group of friends I see occasionally (girls) but never really do anything more than just going to dinner or the movies or stuff like that. I am not even sure how I'm supposed to MEET guys with the life I have, LOL. Sooo yeah I was totally considering it but didn't want to be one of those weird people but then I hear a lot of people who have success with it. So I dunno.

Paige

Let it be
I've used free ones before. Met a few guys off of it. Nothing negative ever came out of it. I met my 2nd baby daddy off of it and while he did end up having issues with sleeping with hookers that I later found out about, that could've happened no matter how I met him. I've met some cool guys off of them and had some good times. I use them from time to time simply to talk later at night when I'm super bored. I don't know if I'd go on dates off of one again though.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Never had any personal experiences... And I didn't read all the responses. However, a couple that I am quite close with met on eHarmony, dated for 3 years, and have been married for 1. I wanna say that Tracey was a member for like, 3 months? She started with a free trial.

Their meetup was at a restaurant, drove separate, didn't meet at their homes until like the 10th date or something. I dunno, if it were me, I'd run a background check. But I'm creepily paranoid about being raped/tortured.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I actually signed up and paid for eharmony for 3 months. I met my boyfriend after 2 weeks, and we have been together for several months now and still going strong. I have to admit that I am a little embarrassed saying I did internet dating. I know a few married couples that met that way though. I just dont have time nor desire to go out to bars and stuff to date (and I really am not looking for the type of relationship that most guys in bars around here "offer").

Fran27

My best friend met her hubby/boyfriend (they're not technically married but have that French contract thing) in a dating site... definitely worth to try IMO.

Have you tried it? Yup

Have you paid for it? Nope

Have you met people off "the internet" or dating sites? A few dates some I am still friends with, some that were horrendous. One guy that I dated for a while a little under a year he ended up being a two timing jerk. And best of all I met my fiance and could not be happier.

What experiences have you had/heard of...good or bad? A bit of both but thats no different then dating people you meet off the internet.

How dangerous is the infamous "stranger of the internet"?A stranger is a stranger whether you meet the on or off the internet. Just play it safe and take precautions.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I've never used a dating site, nor have I browsed the internet intending to find someone. I have, however, met people online who I did end up dating. I met my previous two boyfriends through the internet, and I guess you could possibly say I met my current one on the internet as well. (Long story, lol.) It's so hard to judge someone without knowing them in person. I don't foresee my needing to find someone else to date, but if I did, I'm not sure I'd be looking on the internet. It hasn't exactly worked out well for me.

Interesting mix of feedback.
For me its mainly usefull since I dont have any male friends,most of my friends dont either so its quite hard to meet guys.
There is no way in hell I would even look twice at the men I work with as most of them are complete nightmares(estate agents :mad: )
Anyway its going quite well,had a date this week with someone and it was fine.He was very shy though and seemed insecure,so who knows.
I still have yet to meet this guy I (think) I like alot,which is ridiculous because we talk nearly everyday,about everything under the sun.I have a girl crush on him :( .Its been three months now o_O

Anyway thanks for telling and sharing!

Dekka

Just try me..
Meeting over the internet is so 'normal' these days. I would say many people I know met their SO on the internet.

That said I think you get out of it what you put into it, just like in real life. Take POF. I have a friend who has gone out on MANY dates (I think she is far too picky) from POF all really nice, intersting and attractive guys. Just like you meet many people in a day, that doesn't mean you want a relationship with all of them.

So the person who said people are putting their best foot forward, of course they are. Same as if you meet at a bar, or an event where people are looking for a relationship. Who doesnt' put their best foot forward when trying to impress someone? You can get to know people over the internet. Maf and I met quite a few people from the internet when we visted the US last year. We even stayed with some. All super nice people! LOL even the chazers :p

M

MyHorseMyRules

Have you tried it? Yes
Have you paid for it? No
Have you met people off "the internet" or dating sites? Yes
What experiences have you had/heard of...good or bad?
All good so far. In fact, I met my ex-fiance online. No, it didn't end up working out in that we didn't get married, but it wasn't because he was a bad guy. We're still on good terms and stay in touch.
How dangerous is the infamous "stranger of the internet"?
No more dangerous than someone you meet anywhere else. Just be careful, take precautions, and exercise common sense. I never understood how people could harp on the internet for being so dangerous and would then turn around and go have a one night stand with some random person from a random bar... lol

crazedACD

You know I like internet dating so you can get the big issues put in play right away. There's no 'wondering' if they have or want kids, or if they hate smokers, or what their interests are (if they are honest!). I don't want kids..it's kind of awkward to bring that up on a first or second date! And I don't want to waste time figuring that out.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Never have. Not going to lie though -- I've considered it recently. I'm not really one for "going out"... like I have a small group of friends I see occasionally (girls) but never really do anything more than just going to dinner or the movies or stuff like that. I am not even sure how I'm supposed to MEET guys with the life I have, LOL. Sooo yeah I was totally considering it but didn't want to be one of those weird people but then I hear a lot of people who have success with it. So I dunno.
This. I've considered it but I'm not sure if I'd do it or not... I have online friends from forums (obviously lol) and I've known a guy for quite some time now. I don't think he's the type to date people he knows online but if he asked me I'd definitely date him. He's been one of my best friends for a really long time. But he lives on the other side of the country so that might not work out lol!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yes, tried it.

No didn't pay!!!

Was good fun and definitely built my confidence up! Went on a few dates. Played it safe, went public places, told people where I was and who I was meeting.

Didn't not do it to find "the one". Did it to get back "in the game" as it where lol

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I've met people from Chaz, does that count? Lol I'm even going to meet one or two more in November... :p

Honestly, I don't think the "stranger of the internet" is that big a deal as everybody makes it out to be. Be smart, let somebody know where you'll be, when you should be home, and stick to it.

Members online

No members online now.