Illinois ADBA show pics (PIC HEAVY)

Dekka

Just try me..
It was more of a stunner to me because, honestly, I didn't know if I'd EVER see or meet another dog who could be as dog aggressive as Ella.

And I did. hahahahaha. I met an ENTIRE SHOW FULL.:lol-sign:
But the dogs were managed by their owners. No one stressed out over their dogs being dog aggressive, it was just a normal occurrence.
This is one of the reasons I like JRT trials. No one looks at you like you are a horrid horrid person for having a DR/DA dog out in public.. cause the likely have one too ;)

ACooper

Wow, there are some real beauties there! Very crisp and clear on the photography too Becca! NICE!

Bobby is spectacular!

I don't care for Bronson's spine bones sticking out so far that they can be counted in a photo........is that normal? <-------not meant rude or to start a debate........I really don't know!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Wow, there are some real beauties there! Very crisp and clear on the photography too Becca! NICE!

Bobby is spectacular!

I don't care for Bronson's spine bones sticking out so far that they can be counted in a photo........is that normal? <-------not meant rude or to start a debate........I really don't know!
Normal? I don't know, really. I will say that I know that dog is WELL taken care of.:D

ACooper

Normal? I don't know, really. I will say that I know that dog is WELL taken care of.:D
Oh I did NOT mean that he wasn't taken care of, or even under weight.........all those muscles would be the first to go if he didn't have food (I would think) but I was just wondering how normal that was in a healthy dog to have a spine that sticks out like a dog who is half starved :confused:

pacopoe

Yes, I <heart> Bobby. My dream dog!

I think Bronson looked fine. On my dog, 2 lbs under and his entire spine shows. I intentionally kept him lean after his bilateral TPLO surgery to and he looked just like that for months (well, his spine looked like that, he is nowhere near as rocked as that dog... better start with the steroids). It's such a fine line... 47 lbs and his spine sticks out, 50 lbs and he looks downright chunky!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
PWCorgi,
uh, I just re-read my last reply, and I don't know if it sounds snotty or not, but I didn't intend it that way. It was more of a stunner to me because, honestly, I didn't know if I'd EVER see or meet another dog who could be as dog aggressive as Ella.
No worries, I didn't think it was :)
And I wasn't actually talking about the DA aspect of it, I mean do they actually know how to walk on a loose leash. Because in all the pics I see they seem to be pulling against it. Just wondering.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
No, I know, but they were pulling against their leashes because they were entering a ring where there were other dogs.
Sorry. That's why I brought up the dog aggression.

already saw these on the other forum, but had to look them through again :p Love these dogs....and again gorgeous photos, I love the quality.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wow... GAWJUS pictures, of GAWJUS dogs, Becca! It's amazing to see that many well-bred, well-conditioned Pitties in one place. : D Ella would fit right in.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Interesting pics! Looks very different than a UKC event :)

:lol-sign: I'm sure it was!
The thing is, even though Ella is dog aggressive, I wonder how she would behave being around THAT many dogs who are just as dog aggressive as she is.
Her head would probably explode.

I'm going to bring her next year to show her in the fun show. It's judge's choice, but instead of judging by standard, they judge simply by which dog they'd choose to bring home if they could. The trophy is, I am NOT exaggerating, 4 feet tall. It looks like a "I have the BEST APBT in the ENTIRE universe" trophy.
What I imagine Ella doing in the ring with ALL those dogs is, she will freak out, lunge, pull, attempt to back out of her collar, and when ALL that doesn't work, she's going to plop down on her butt and look me straight in the face. Because that's how she deals when faced with other dogs she cannot get.

So...it'll be interesting. hahahaha.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Awww! I sooo wish I could've been there. But I had to move from Illinois :(. I miss my Sadie-boo I had adopted there..

Gorgeous dogs. I really enjoyed them. You take wonderful photos.

Thank you for sharing..

S

Squishy22

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Look at that big ol muzzle on Bobby, and that slick body! He is such a handsome guy, and looks like he loves to pull his poor owner around too. lol.

Great pictures. Loved them all.

S

Squishy22

:lol-sign: I'm sure it was!
The thing is, even though Ella is dog aggressive, I wonder how she would behave being around THAT many dogs who are just as dog aggressive as she is.
Her head would probably explode.

I'm going to bring her next year to show her in the fun show. It's judge's choice, but instead of judging by standard, they judge simply by which dog they'd choose to bring home if they could. The trophy is, I am NOT exaggerating, 4 feet tall. It looks like a "I have the BEST APBT in the ENTIRE universe" trophy.
What I imagine Ella doing in the ring with ALL those dogs is, she will freak out, lunge, pull, attempt to back out of her collar, and when ALL that doesn't work, she's going to plop down on her butt and look me straight in the face. Because that's how she deals when faced with other dogs she cannot get.

So...it'll be interesting. hahahaha.
That sounds really cool!

Reggin is getting really bad at trying to go after other dogs. I've been working on walking him with a head halter, because I cannot hold him back anymore. He is just too much for me anymore. Yesterday he flipped out over a toy poodle and nearly pulled his halter off. It was a disaster. I would never take him to a show, because he would be too uncontrollable for me and my fiance.

Good luck with the show!!!

K

Kela

I'm sure they can all walk fine on leash. But, something I was reminded of yesterday, is just HOW strong dog aggression IS in APBTs.

They were behaved in the ring, for the most part, but yes, there were quite a few hissy fits because other dogs were present.
And that's ok in ADBA. You're expected, obviously, to have control of your dog, but there is barking, and lunging to some degree on the way in and out of the ring.
Only one dog fight (or was it two?) happened yesterday. And they were not intentional, obviously. Just a couple of owners whose dogs got too close to each other.

But, yes, 99% of owners were walking around with break sticks in their back pockets yesterday.
It's part of the breed.
This post makes me really uncomfortable. :( I guess I just don't understand how in today's day and age, DA can be considered acceptable, especially in a competition meant to judge the best of the best. I realize that the breed was bred to be that way originally, but it just seems like such a massive fault. I'd personally rather see dogs with underbites or other faults than ones with DA.

Cool pix!!

That sounds really cool!

Reggin is getting really bad at trying to go after other dogs. I've been working on walking him with a head halter, because I cannot hold him back anymore. He is just too much for me anymore. Yesterday he flipped out over a toy poodle and nearly pulled his halter off. It was a disaster. I would never take him to a show, because he would be too uncontrollable for me and my fiance.

Good luck with the show!!!
Please be careful with the head halter. If he is trying to go after other dogs, he can injure his neck, also I wouldnt trust nylon with a plastic buckle (assuming that what its made out of)

This post makes me really uncomfortable. :( I guess I just don't understand how in today's day and age, DA can be considered acceptable, especially in a competition meant to judge the best of the best. I realize that the breed was bred to be that way originally, but it just seems like such a massive fault. I'd personally rather see dogs with underbites or other faults than ones with DA.
There are dog fights in all dog shows, APBT or not. DA is acceptable as long as its controllable (respecting the dogs boundaries). Expecting a DA or DR breed to get along with others is unfair to the dog, and a safety issue to handlers. :)

Members online

No members online now.