Skin irritation? Help Plz

Augu$ta

I have a 13 month old puppy named Duke. For quite some time he has be nipping himself on his back and back legs, becauswe hes itchy. When he was at the vets they had done a skin scrape and found no perisites or mites etc. I was told it was most likely an allergy. I know that most allerigies in dogs are from their food. I had just changed his food over a month ago to an organic blend. he had to be on predizone, and it seemed to help but i know its not good for him. So right back it started up again. And now he has a large red bump on this back leg. it looks very painful and I have no idea what it could meant. I know most irritations comes from either insect/fleas or sometimes an irritation to the changing of seasons, but this has been going on for quite some time. Anyone have any suggestions as to what this might be?? it would help alot. Im a little nervious, I hope its nothign serious. :confused:

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I've got a 1 year old pit bull. She also has really bad allergies. She was always scratching and biting. She lost quite a bit of her hair and her skin was red and irritated. I changed her dog food to Natures Recipe Allergy. It's a vegetarian formula, and it has helped out alot. Her hair is starting to come back, and the redness in her skin is going back to normal. But, If Bula eats anything else for even one day, the allergies all come back, so I really have to watch her and make sure she's not eating something she's not supposed to. I hope I could help some.....

Augu$ta

I have changed his food to Performatrin ULTRA. its a hormon free lamb and brown rice food. Ive been told its quite good for dogs, with whole vegetables herbs fruits etc etc in it. It still could be his food. but he had been on Iams and i changed him over to this. its still going on, when the food forumlas are nothing alot. Maybe i will try a different food.
Thanks for the suggestions

Augu$ta

Members online

No members online now.