Crate training

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I was just curious about something. I've never crate trained because I've never had a puppy and Lucas doesn't need it at all. So I was just wondering when you get a puppy your only suppose to give them enough room to comfortably turn around right? So they don't have excess room to poop and pee. So If you get a larger breed puppy do you have to buy multiple crates as the puppy grows or is there some kind of seperator you can use and what about the hight? does the hight matter as far as for a puppy?

Thanks

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
There do make crate dividers. And the "only enough room to turn around" rule it not necessarily accurate. It all depends on the natural cleanliness of your puppy. Some puppies won't potty within 10 feet of their bed. Others don't seem to care where the poop is, as long as they aren't laying directly in it. If your puppy doesn't soil the crate, it's a good size. If the puppy pees or poops in the crate, it's too big.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ok so yes on crate dividers. Does the deviders make the stability of the crate less? Oh and what about the hieght? I'm guessing it really doesn't matter as long as it's big enough for the dog when it's older, but thought I'd ask anyways :)

Members online