Which Photo Session Should I Choose?

xpaeanx

Ok, I decided to try out the petco photo shoots. The sitting fee is only $5 and the prints aren't that expensive...

So here are the dates:

I can go to one 7:30pm on Haloween(Oct 31st), this is about an hour and half from my house.

Then there is one mid november, it's on a tuesday in the same town as my training center(and we have class that night so in theory it's on the way).

This is obviously the better choice as it's A) not a holiday and B) not making me drive incredibly far out of the way...

The only problem is that the latest spot is 7:30 and I have class until 6:40pm. I could make the 7:30pm, but muff would have to go to school with me. So he would have to stay in the car.... Now I'm there all day (8am-6:40pm), my classes are 80 minutes long each and I have a break inbetween each one for 80 minutes... so basically he'd be in the car for 80 minutes than out for 80 minutes all day....

What do you guys think? I did reserve the one on halloween already as that day was pretty much all booked and the mid-november is pretty open...

lizzybeth727

Personally, my dog would be fine in the car with that schedule, as long as the temperatures didn't get too hot. If it's cold outside, it still gets pretty warm in the car if the sun's out (the whole "greenhouse effect"), so unless it's super cold or not sunny I wouldn't worry too much about that. My dog's also perfectly comfortable in the car, though I'd probably put her in a crate in the car just to make sure nobody saw her in there and bothered her. That's just me, though, I can't tell you what to do, not knowing your dog or your weather.

xpaeanx

I wish I still had my truck on the road... I'd have no problem if I was driving that.... I'm more afraid of people bothering him than anything....

I've left him in my car at school before, but only when I went for a quick review session... so he was only there for 2 hours total.

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
I don't believe in leaving dog's alone in the car for any amount of time. I would Just go with the other one.

Doberluv

It depends on a lot of things. Do you have plenty of money to waste gas on a separate trip? How is your dog in the car for that length of time...while you're in class? If he's use to it and happy to take a nap, then go for it and save the extra trip...and like it was said, as long as he's safe, the right temp and so forth.

The main thing is to wind up with some great photos! Good luck!

Maggie would eat my car if I did that ;) but if I didn't have that problem, I personally would feel ok with that... especially if they were getting a walk/social interaction that hour or so in between.

xpaeanx

I'm going to scope out the parking lots tomorrow to see what kind of tree cover is avail. Then I'll see if his crate fits.

It's not a matter of him being in the car, he loves it and just sleeps in there. It's more a matter of immature college kids bothering him.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Will it be cool by mid-november? Personally, I'd stick him in the crate, put a blanket over the crate, and lock the doors. :)

Lolas Dad

Personally if it were me I would not leave my dog in the car all day. Is their a doggy day care nearby for a one time event? That would be an option if there is one.

I don't believe in leaving dog's alone in the car for any amount of time. I would Just go with the other one.
ditto... but I think it is because you have small dogs too.

Yorkies are the number one stolen breed.

I think people worry less who have bigger dogs because they are stolen a lot less often.

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

I think people worry less who have bigger dogs because they are stolen a lot less often.
I really don't care if the dog is a 200 lb Guard dog I still don't believe in it.

Anything could happen with that length of time especially.

This is why there trying to make it against the law.
JMOA

lizzybeth727

Like I said before, I wouldn't worry about it at all with my chihuahua, because I could put her in a crate with a blanket over it.... The crate's small enough I could even shove it down in the floor of the backseat and no one would know it was there.

People probably wouldn't even give your car a second glance unless the dog is barking or unless you can see it moving around in there. You might want to park somewhat remotely, especially if you think he might bark in there.

Lolas Dad

Like I said before, I wouldn't worry about it at all with my chihuahua, because I could put her in a crate with a blanket over it.... The crate's small enough I could even shove it down in the floor of the backseat and no one would know it was there.

People probably wouldn't even give your car a second glance unless the dog is barking or unless you can see it moving around in there. You might want to park somewhat remotely, especially if you think he might bark in there.
That's something to take into consideration also. If the dog barks then someone could hear it, call animal control and then maybe be charged with animal cruelty. Not a chance I would take for a photo shoot.

mom2dogs

I know many small dog owners and handlers alike (shires included) who wouldn't hesitate to leave their dogs in a car/van in this weather. It's common sense, keep in crate not easily seen (and without those dumb bumper stickers with the "show dogs on board" or something similar written on them) and sometimes something to cover up (especially since some will bark when they see someone/thing walk by).. I keep my dog in the car all the time when she can't go in with me or in a van when traveling weather permitting and she is still alive and still with me to tell the tale ;)

xpaeanx

That's something to take into consideration also. If the dog barks then someone could hear it, call animal control and then maybe be charged with animal cruelty. Not a chance I would take for a photo shoot.
actually only 13 states have a law on the books about leaving an animal in a car. NY(where I live) is not one of them. Out of those 13 states, they all pretty much state that the animals life must be directly threatened by leaving the animal in the car(ie extreme hot or cold temps).

As for him getting stolen... I don't see that as a likely thing to happen.

And no, he doesn't bark in the car. As I said before, he's more than happy to be left in the car. That's the one place where he doesn't get upset if I leave him.

Members online

No members online now.