Half Dachshund half great dane

H

h2304

My freind made a great dane mate with a Female Dachshund. Well, a couple months later the dachshund has only one puppy. It was a huge puppy but its legs were very short. So what do you think about this dog, Which I call a GREAT DACHSHUND.

Athe

Pretty cruel if you ask me. Now, I have heard of taking a large breed and breeding to a smaller type dog...which is how the BullMastiff was developed and other breeds.
Why don't you send some pictures so we can see....???? :D ;)

edit to add the large being a the female the small being the male. The other way around is very cruel.

Last edited:

moe

That sounds like a very sad mix, poor dog could end up with problems.
shame on your friend if she did this intentionally.

Mo

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think someone is yanking your chain.... It is not possible and it would have killed the mother in the first place during the breeding ..let alone talk about basic biology .....she would not have been able to carry the pup to term.

Athe

i think someone is yanking your chain.... It is not possible and it would have killed the mother in the first place during the breeding ..let alone talk about basic biology .....she would not have been able to carry the pup to term.
smkie, that is exactly what I was thinking...just a kid on the forum having fun. That's why I asked to see a picture as I know they would not be able to produce a picture of an invisable dog. If these people actually did try to do this breeding intentionally...then I would love to see them searched by their e-mail address when they joined the forum and be reported to the proper authorities. :cool: Of course, that's just what I would "like" to see ;)

H

h2304

Hey I WILL show you if you tell me how to send pics. Im not yanking anything (especially not your chain)

H

h2304

Yes my freind is a mean guy. But PLEASE tell me how to post pics. I have a pic I will show you.

Athe

The thing that bothers me most...the poster seems proud of it :eek:

Now, I have seen some large breed dogs which were bred properly and had a mutant gene of dwarfism. This happens in Newf's every once in awhile with a normal body and head and short stubby legs. I'm sure it can happen in any breed. If it is dwarfism then that is one thing...but, to brag about breeding a giant breed to a minature breed is cruel and misleading...you know how they say..."don't try this at home" ;)

poeluvr

or do this:put the pic u got from ur camera into my documents. then go to www.tinypic.com
it will say host image, click that. i box will pop up go to my documents and ur pic should be there click it , then press host it.
then when its done, scroll down right click the IMG the URL, tehn paste it here.
also if u go into tiny pic and u see a picture of something, ur not in the right area, it will say tiny pic.com at the top above the picture, click that (tinypic.com) and ull be there and just follow the steps i said

showpug

Logistically speaking, I don't know how the great dane could actually breed a female doxie. Sorry, but that doesn't sound physically possible. There would be some issues with actually being able to reach, let alone fit...pardon my french :confused:

Members online

No members online now.