Picking up after the dogs

Why do people look at me like I'm nasty and gross for picking after my dogs? I can let them step in it if they would like. lol

Xandra

I do. :confused: Are you suggesting I don't use a bag? lol
I think it was a joke :)

I've gotten those looks and I feel a bit gross doing it, especially when it's "excitement poop" (see excitement poop thread). I can understand why they are disgusted if their lives have not required them to hold large fresh feces in their hands (even with a bag, you feel the warmth and the consistency and I swear the smell goes through the plastic sometimes).

But yeah. I wish they wouldn't stare obnoxiously. It's the only thing to be done if you own a dog, which is normal, so they should respect that and not make things uncomfortable for us, the poor people carrying the poop :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Lol exactly what Xandra said. They look because it's gross, and very likely their lives have no included picking up animal feces.

It's annoying when people look.
Yes I know it's gross.. but you are not making it any less gross by gawking.

The alternative is me leaving the poop there.. which we all know is rule #1 in the "Don't be a douchebag" handbook.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Honestly, I give people weird looks (and general scowls) if they DON'T pick up after their dogs.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Honestly, I give people weird looks (and general scowls) if they DON'T pick up after their dogs.
I use the passive aggressive kindness technique
*HUGE SMILE*
"Oh did you forget your bags at home? Here, have one of mine. Don't you hate seeing dog poo around the city? So inconsiderate... cute dog!" :)

and then I just watch.. and smile..

TahlzK

I'm bad, I don't pick up after my dogs. I really should start doing that, one day. The random days I have had something on me and picked it up, people don't seem to pay attention.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
You have to here or you can be fined.

Granted its only policed in a few places. But the sentiment it there. It's becoming quite unsociable to allow your dog to foul the streets and parks. Thank god.

This being said, I pick up poo in public places, I'm less inclined to pick it up from behind bushes, up steep embankments, off the beaten track etc.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I won't pick it up all the time if its off the beaten path and I don't worry about it at home since I do poop scoop days and just pick it all up at once.

I do pick up poop all day at work though and the smell definitely gets through some of the bags... Usually the thinner ones. I'll easily walk 4 or 5 dogs at a time and we try to get as much poop in one bag as we can so we aren't wasting poo bags. I'm pretty skilled with poo bags, but that's not going on my resume haha.

I'm not a fan of picking up poop, but I do it because well... I'm also not a fan of stepping in poop either.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I get better with poop picking up as I age. I guess walking ten plus dogs three times a day and having it be mandatory to pick up their poop for work makes it second nature for picking up my own dogs poop.

I don't if we're out in the woods though.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I use the passive aggressive kindness technique
*HUGE SMILE*
"Oh did you forget your bags at home? Here, have one of mine. Don't you hate seeing dog poo around the city? So inconsiderate... cute dog!" :)

and then I just watch.. and smile..
Tori crapped in some ladies front yard while we were walking, the other day, and the lady was sitting on her porch getting some sun. I hollered to her "im so sorry I dont have any bags do you have a grocery bag or something so I can pick this up?" and she just sat and glared at me and didnt move or reply

I was like :confused:

I really grossed a couple of teenaged girls out during the Loppet skijor race when I put a (double bagged) bag of poop in my ski pants pocket. There just really wasn't anyplace else to put it and I wasn't in a position to look for let alone make it to a garbage can. They squealed.

Members online

No members online now.