Favorite wet/canned foods?

JacksonsMom

I've been giving Jackson some Weruva canned food as a topper... probably for over a year now. He loves it, and it looks delicious. I like the consistency of it, makes for easy mixing with the dry food, and it looks like human food.

Are there any other canned foods similar consistency that are a bit cheaper?

What are your favorite canned foods?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn gets canned mixed in every so often as a beneficial treat. I rotate between some of the brands we sell.

We do Weruva as well.

I like anything by Petkind - Trippett is a regular staple in our house, I always have a can of the lamb or beef tripe around. We also use the Petkind That's It line - the cans feature different meats and tripes with quinoa and acai berry... that's it. ;) EVerything I've used by Petkind is like a mushy pate.

I also like getting Hound & Gatos 98% meat cans sometimes.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
The merrick ones are very popular at our store. Not sure how they measure up health wise but dogs seem to go crazy for them
There is like thanksgiving day dinner, grandma's pot roast, etc..etc..

We don't stock merrick in anything else but these cans are requested so frequently that we have them..and they sell like crazy.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I'm guessing you are looking for stews?

Frodo's absolute favorites were (thanks a LOT allergies!) Nature's Variety Homestyle, Wellness Stews, and Fromm 4 Star. He also adored the Weruva.

Out of these, Wellness is the cheapest at our store. But keep in mind that the Weruva cans are larger (14oz as opposed to 12oz) and that's part of the reason they are so much more expensive.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The merrick ones are very popular at our store. Not sure how they measure up health wise but dogs seem to go crazy for them
There is like thanksgiving day dinner, grandma's pot roast, etc..etc..

We don't stock merrick in anything else but these cans are requested so frequently that we have them..and they sell like crazy.
Totally forgot about Merrick! If puppy doesn't have any allergies she will be getting canned Merrick because I think it's like the awesomest :p

Not cheap, but cheaper than Weruva!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Totally forgot about Merrick! If puppy doesn't have any allergies she will be getting canned Merrick because I think it's like the awesomest :p

Not cheap, but cheaper than Weruva!
Agreed! Forgot about Merrick. We do Merrick sometimes, especially the Working Dog Stew because it's Finnegan's crack. :rofl1:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey gets a junky wet food daily for her "dinner". Tempts her to eat :p

Really, it's because I'm feeding a 42lb dog with it... rather than a 16lb dog and I don't have the room to stock 14 cans a week, nor do I want to LOL (her wet food's in a roll)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We do Merrick and the Wellness Stews.

The Wellness beef stew is like my favorite canned food ever. It smells AMAZING lol seriously smells like homecooked pot roast! All it needs is some mashed potatoes! :p

Just an FYI with Merrick, if you get the Wingaling or Smothered Comfort cans, they have bones in them. They're soft and can be smashed with a fork but lots of people freak out about them because they don't know they're supposed to be in there. It does mention it on the back of the can but lets be honest who actually reads all that lol.

I feed Canidae, Earthborn (which is a tub rather than a can), Fromm, Lotus, and PureVita cans on a regular basis, with some Nature's Variety, Halo, Wellness, Holistic Select, and Eagle Pack thrown in occasionally.

I would say Earthborn, Fromm, Lotus, and Halo are the top ones around here, Jack seems to eat those with more gusto than the others.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Turducken!!!!!!! (made by Wellness and Blue)

You can get the cans cheaper if you have a Tractor Supply near you.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Merrick, Wellness, sometimes the Blue Buffalo or Innova. Pretty much any decent dog food brand. I just grab whatever.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Grace, I mix the canned in with the kibble so everything is coated. My dogs get canned occasionally. They always get something mixed in (whatever I'm making for dinner). In the morning they get a tablespoon of yogurt mixed in which they love.

L

looreoni

It was specially registered at a forum to tell to you thanks for council. How I can thank you?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
For those of you who top dress with canned, do you find that it causes your dogs to ignore the plain dry food? Or were your dogs not too picky to begin with? I have a little bit of a fussy eater and don't want to ruin his (manufactured via holding out on his hunger strike) appetite, but I'd also like to have something in my back pocket for when we are traveling or he's looking a little slight.
My dogs are not picky to begin with, so I can add canned food for a few days and then stop, and they'll still eat their dry with no fuss. Dogs have to eat though sooo if my dogs were really holding out and would not eat their dry... honestly, I'd have no problem adding something to it to get them to eat. Even if I had to do it every meal, it's better than them not eating!

Members online

No members online now.