Nutrisca

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Fed this before? Have an opinion on it?

I am thinking with Juno's yeast issue that it might be a good kibble to try since it is grain/potato/tapioca-free, low glycemic. Originally every time I have looked at it I haven't been impressed, but if it could potentially address the issue then I'm game.

Salmon formula:
Ingredients: Salmon, Menhaden Fish Meal, Peas, Chickpeas, Salmon Meal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Pea Fiber, Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Salmon Oil (a source of DHA), Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Dried Eggs, Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Carrots, Cranberries, Apricots, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Iron Proteinate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Proteinate, Biotin, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Rosemary Extract.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min) 30.00%
Crude Fat (Min) 16.00%
Crude Fiber (Max) 6.00%
Moisture (Max) 10.00%
Vitamin A (Min) 5,000 IU/kg
Vitamin E (Min) 100 IU/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* (Min) 2.50%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* (Min) 0.50%
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)* (Min) 0.05%
Foods she has been on since this issue started:
Natures Domain Salmon & sweet potato, Fromm Surf & Turf, Fromm Gamebird, Natures Logic Beef, and now Acana Wild Prairie.

The only one that doesn't have potato in it is the Natures Logic, but it also has "yeast culture" high on the ingredient list, so maybe that's an allergen, or the millet :dunno:

She's doing "better" since being on diphenhydramine but the issue is still present. Want to try all my kibble options before I start sneaking raw into the house again.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ooooooor you could get a bag of Canine Caviar for your feeder :p

Frodo did really well on the Nutrisca Salmon!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ooooooor you could get a bag of Canine Caviar for your feeder :p
That is second on my list!
But I need food like.... within the next week :p

Good to know Frodo did well on it! I don't know what my hang up about this food is. I had a coworker that suggested it to me a couple times and I was always just like, yeah... not gonna happen. But I can't pick out anything that would make me feel that way. =P

I like the looks and idea behind it, but will never feed it here, I don't trust the Dogswell company and until they stop importing all their treat ingredients from China I will not buy/support any of their products. But don't let that stop you if you think it might work out for the problems you're having, Wysong is the only other company I've ever seen a fully grain/starch free food from, and it did cost an arm and a leg.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I won't feed their treats because they're made in China, but as long as the kibble is made in the USA I don't think I'll let it worry me too much.

She's super itchy today :( We do have some of the Acana left but I feel like I should just forget it and get her on something different asap so w can get the ball rolling and see if it helps. Blah. Darn dog.

i feed my dogs any of the nutrisca line of products and no problems here. for me i dnever knew about the difference in good/badquality foods until recently and i suppose im still learning. but ive tried a variety of foods for my 2 pitbulls Diesel (PIC IN AVATAR) and Baby Girl. Since Nutrisca they look better and honestly seem happier if thats even possible that a food can make a dog happy. idk just wanted to let you know personally it works for me. have a good 1

Members online

No members online now.