Can anyone tell me what mixed breed this is ?

Ok, This was my dog that recently passed away. She was the best dog I ever had. I got her when I was younger and she was a puppy and I really dont remember what her parents looked like.

I recently went to petsmart and seen a dog exactly like her, identical. I dont think this is a breed but i might be wrong. Hopefully someone dog smart can help me out :/

Im looking to get another dog like her, so thats why Its important to me.

The pictures are kind of close up but these are the best I had, she was a little dog.

CaliTerp07

She has a head shaped like a lot of the puggles I've seen at the dog park, but obviously the coloring and body shape is off.

She was a cutie :)

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
I've seen some corgis that have their feet turned out like that, and a corgi's front legs are supposed to be slightly bowed around the rib cage.

That dogs legs are bowed and its feet turn out. Perhaps it does have some corgi.

MicksMom

She has a head shaped like a lot of the puggles I've seen at the dog park, but obviously the coloring and body shape is off.

She was a cutie :)
I was thinking Beagle/Pug mix, too. Since Beagles can be any hound color, and Pugs can be black a black & tan Beagle/Pug is a possibility. Way back when I worked for my vet, one of our clients was a Beagle/Pug who was marked like a black tri Beagle.

ETA- meant to ad- except for color, the pup pictured reminds me a lot of the one at my vet's. He was about 15 when he died a couple of years ago.

Maxy24

In the first picture his face reminded me of a Chihuahua but her head is wider. Body could be any of the long breeds, Doxie, Basset or Corgi. How much did she weigh? Chances are there are a lot of things in her. I'm very sorry she is no longer with you and I hope you can someday find a dog to fill the void in your heart.

Dekka

Just try me..
SHe looks a bit like the very badly bred JRTs from the irish puppy mill types.. they even come in that colour. Could be a cross of one.

Xandra

Sorry about your dog!!

The things I notice about her are a very round head, big domed forehead with a good stop, and a short, tapering muzzle. So I am thinking chihuahua mix as well.

The problem with mixes is they aren't conistent in looks or in temperament. I know this wasn't your question, but if you want a dog that acts similar your best bets would be going to the shelter and just meeting lots of dogs or researching breeds and finding one that is bred to have similar qualities to your dog. That is just my .02!

Good luck! :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My guess is there are more than two breeds making up your dog. Basset seems like a good guess for part, though dachshund could do it as well. Not sure about the other parts.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Members online