Roxy and Agility????

Ash47

Taco Dog
I know any dog can participate in Agility trials. I have decided that I want to enter Roxy into these trials before I decide for sure that I am going to breed her. I want her to win and achieve something that will make her a worthy b1tch to breed. I know she is beautiful and a great example of her breed with a wonderful temperament. But there are several dogs out there like this, right? What makes me think I should breed her just because of this? These questions are what lead me to want to enter her in these. If she wins, then I will know that there is something spectacular in her that I can pass on through her pups.

Also, where in the world do I take her to do these trials? I have done searches for events in Alabama, but I found none. :( :confused:

Last edited:

Doberluv

Well, that sounds wonderful. It will show that she is physically able to do stuff like this. But you should show her in conformation and obedience too, and get some titles. Those show that she is physically well put together to the breed standard and has good temperament to do obedience. Then how about genetic health testing also? Have you ever bred dogs before? Is there someone who would be willing to be your mentor? You're wise to question why you think she should be bred. I'm glad to see you're doing some research first. A couple of questions you might consider are: What is your main reason for wanting to breed her? What could she add to the betterment of the breed that other good breeders aren't already doing? Not that there are just more puppies born, but how can you improve the breed over all.

Agility is a blast. Have you gone through some of it yet? I forget what breed Roxy is. It seems like most dogs love doing this. Well, good luck!

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Agility is a great sport to get involved with and it is alot of fun get ahold of your local dog club they can get you started on the aglity path also you can visit

http://www.usdaa.com

or

http://www.nadac.com

there is some great info on those sights there are other clubs you can participate in like
AKC (your dog has to be registered AKC I believe)
UKC

and probably more

good luck:)

Ash47

Taco Dog
Doberluv,
Remember??? We had a discussion on this a while back about me breeding Roxy. I am definetely going to get her tested for everything necessary. I am going to research and educate myself while she is still growing as she is still a pup herself (10 months). The main reason I may breed her is for her temperament. That is number one. Number two is she is very athletic and muscular or as muscular as a Chihuahua can be. LOL But, I am trying to take all the right steps. As far as her temperament, I think I struck gold when I got her. She is a wonderful representative of what a Chi should be. I am sick of the stigma attached to Chis about them being snappy. It is not true if they are bred right.

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
Pro47 we have several chis in our agility club and they are so good at it I hope you get your pup involved and have alot of fun with her :)

Ash47

Taco Dog
Thanks wildwings. I joined a forum specifically aimed at small dogs that participate in sports such as Agility. I never knew there were so many!! But on that forum, there are people that do Agility with Maltese, Yorkies, etc. Shows that these little babies are more than just foo-foo, they are a little pack of muscle! LOL

Members online

No members online now.