This dog is sooo pretty!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I just found his picture now that he's grown up. He's one of Mia's relatives and might be the prettiest pap I've seen. His markings are really unusual too.

I want one with a lot of color on it....

MPP

petperson
He's just beautiful. I've not seen one with so much black before. Mia's family is exceptionally good-looking!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I want one with a lot of color on it....
That can be accomplished with Mia. Just "borrow" Hannah from Sparks and Puck (or other similarly equipped toddler) and purchase a finger paint set. Voila!

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
What a pretty little papillon. Loads of color on that one.

A couple years ago I bred a litter and I must admit tears came to my eyes when I received a photo of the adult version of the little puppy I sent out into the world. They can change so very much and there is such a wide spectrum of type across the breed.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What a pretty little papillon. Loads of color on that one.

A couple years ago I bred a litter and I must admit tears came to my eyes when I received a photo of the adult version of the little puppy I sent out into the world. They can change so very much and there is such a wide spectrum of type across the breed.
I love the variety in this breed. Each one is so different and yet there are lots of different looks that are imo so stunning. I do wish more color was more in favor. I love the ones with less white (contrary to my crew who are mostly white)

I'd love to see pics of your paps by the way. :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Both those boys are STUNNING! Mia really has his head type. I'm with you, more coloration is really needed!

Kat, what a gorgeous boy--is that technically sable?

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
All hound tri is - is a black blanket pattern sable. She has that-therefore hound tri. The extent of that blanket pattern changes just like in german shepherds and with luck of spotting we can clearly identify the color. Sometimes- life isn't that nice and if she only had facial markings I would have called her a sable most likely. Her sisters are sables because they have clearly brown pattern spots where there would be that blanket pattern. Braylor's papillons has a great colors section that covers what is hound tri - and where the mystery line is between sable and hound tri, often times it depends on the eye of the beholder.. Like most of the papillon colors besides black and white there is a ton of variations in tris both hound and classic and sables.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
All hound tri is - is a black blanket pattern sable. She has that-therefore hound tri. The extent of that blanket pattern changes just like in german shepherds and with luck of spotting we can clearly identify the color. Sometimes- life isn't that nice and if she only had facial markings I would have called her a sable most likely. Her sisters are sables because they have clearly brown pattern spots where there would be that blanket pattern. Braylor's papillons has a great colors section that covers what is hound tri - and where the mystery line is between sable and hound tri, often times it depends on the eye of the beholder.. Like most of the papillon colors besides black and white there is a ton of variations in tris both hound and classic and sables.
I think I would still call her a sable, but I know there's a lot of debate about hounds vs sable. My Mia is a hound tri but she's about the darkest hound I've ever seen. Mia's body patch is solid black like a true tricolor.

Okay so hound tri is essentially a creeping tan pattern like seen in beagles, etc (hence the hound), right? Mia started out looking like a traditional tricolor but her tan spread over her whole face.

I often use Brandi's site for colors. I also use Aleda-Letit's color site a lot too.

Members online

No members online now.