Too Picky?

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I think your list is perfectly reasonable!

Though what's with the breeds? Breed specfic laws or rules?

Mandy looks good!

noludoru

Bored Now.
I went to a local shelter today, just to look at the dogs. I brought a list with me of what I wanted, and looking at picture and bios, consulted it periodically. The staff member who saw it rudely informed me that if I was that picky, I could go to a breeder! This is the list
Non Negotiable
1) At least one year
2) Must be cat/dog friendly
3)No Pits, Rotts, Dobermans, Huskys or Standard Poodles (or mixes of these)
4) No Professional grooming more than 1-2 times a year
Things I would like
1) 35-70 lbs
2) At least tolerant of children
3)Not a huge barker
4) Medium to Medium high energy
5) Off leash reliablity (willing to train hard for this)
6) Would like to eventualy complete in Agility
Is that too picky? You would think they would be happy to have someone come in with an idea of what they want, as opposed to just picking something because "He's soooooo cuuuuuuute".
Sounds like a good list to me. What a nut.

Good to know that it isn't me. The nice thing about living in a larger city is there are several adoption agencies, and I went 10 miles down the road to the next one. They were quite pleased with the list, we narrowed it down to four possibilities and I may just have met someone! (Listen to me gush like it's a new boyfriend-nah, it's better!
LMAO! Agreed.

It's true that it's sometimes very hard to get an idea of what a dog's temperment is like after spending 20 minutes with him at a shelter.
Well, that is why she has the shelter workers and fosters to talk to. ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Nah, I don't think you're being too picky. When you have preferences I think it's far more responsible to search for a dog that will fit into your home nicely instead of adopting the first one you see because it's the cutest. I get sick of walking through the main office at my HS and seeing three people in line to return the dogs they adopted.

Members online