Help. Skin Irritations on my dogs :(

Nos&Diesel

Hi Guys

Im only new here, this is my first post. Im worried as I have a 5yr old female bull terrier x mastiff and a 10week old mini bull terrier and today I have come home to find that they are both really red on there bellies, inside there ears, and on white bit of there nose (basically everywhere where they have shorter hair to the rest of there bodies).

The only thing that I can think of that I have done differently is washed there blankets with a new washing powder to usual DUO matic and i also used fabric softener which i dont usually use..........

Could this be what is causing it?????

I have changed there bedding for tonight..... will calamine lotion help if its not gone in the morning.

Really worried about the puppy.... also thought it could be sunburn..... but the puppy hasnt really been outside much at all.

Please help

Thanks

Nic

I think you're probably right about the cause. Make sure you double rinse their bedding when you wash it.

You might want to bathe them with a mild, unscented shampoo, like Neutrogena.

If it persists, a trip to the vet might be in order, but do try to avoid the quick fix shot of prednisone. It can have catastrophic side effects that don't show up for some time (tumors are not unusual), so it really should be a last-ditch resort.

Members online

No members online now.