Help with breed

Bailey.

I love my mutts!
I adopted Burt in early May, and was wondering if anybody could give me a guess on his breed. Not expecting anything definite as he is a very average looking mutt. He was adopted as a Shepherd x (they said Bernese Mountain maybe, which is crazy - he just had a badly cared for winter coat)

Here are two pictures, plus his Petfinder listing photo which was taken about 4 days before adoption. He has been clipped just slightly, but it was nothing major. He had a little longer spikey hair around the neck. His tail hair is fairly long (about a 2.5" hang) Oh, and sorry about his twisted legs in the photos. Very hard to get him to stand, he kept trying to sit when he was still.

I've thought GSD, Rotty, Doberman, Hound, Lab, and a variety of other mixes. He is 1.5 years old 67lbs (to the best of my memory) at our last visit in June. My issue with calling him GSD/Rotty (which is what we originally thought) is that he just isn't a very big dog.

Thanks for any help :)

And his shelter photo:

MicksMom

Burt is a very handsome fella! I think your guess that he might be part Lab is a good one. His body looks Lab to me. Ideally, a male Lab should weigh between 65 and 80 pounds, so he's within the weight range, too. There's probably something else there, but GSD/Lab sounds good to me.

tiffy

i see lab/shep and rottie for the markings.
maybe some collie of some sorts for the ears!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
I see Dobie in his muzzle shape. Show lines Dobies aren't very big, either. And they're finer boned and less stocky than Rotties.

Although the breed standards vary among kennel and breed clubs, the dog typically stands between 26 to 28 inches 27.5 being ideal (66 to 72 cm), the female is typically somewhere between 24 to 26 inches, 25.5 being ideal (61 to 68 cm).
Doberman Pinscher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure about the rest, Lab maybe? I agree his body shape looks Labb-y.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
(The dobe in that picture makes me sad with his creepy ear crop!)

I see mostly lab, and probably shepherd but if you're in a common hunting area, black and tan coonhound is possible.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Lab is predominant, though I wouldn't rule out Shepherd or Dobe entirely.

He's very handsome at any rate!

Members online