Squee! :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So happy.

First of all, my little spitz finally got adopted! He got to go home yesterday, which was exciting. I guess I get to pine over another dog soon enough. We had 12 adoptions today as well which is almost a record.

Anyways, since I've been working there for a long time I'm finally getting more jobs other than pooper scooper, which is no fun. Today one of the vet techs came up and asked me to do him a favor. So I say sure, not knowing what it was. he leads me to this back room where there's a kennel with a puppy inside. It's name is Simone (ew) and it's a 6 month old goldendoodle puppy he's fostering! I about melted at the cuteness. So... he's having to leash break her and was busy helping evaluate the new dogs so he needed me to go out and walk her and play with her. (Hard job, yeah?)

Anyways, so instead of pooper scooping the day away I got to play with a cute, fuzzy puppy. She was sooo funny and so different from the dogs I normally walk. She had one speed- bouncing everywhere. She just immediately ran out back and went bouncing through the field. Just the most happy-go-lucky dog I've ever been around. She even tried wedging herself under a shack out there, which I would not allow. She was terrible on the leash, but she's learning pretty quick. She kept wanting to play with the dogs that had been brought outside in the runs, though. And she loved belly scratches... She's going to be a BIG dog and very very pretty. Everyone who saw her in the lobby wanted to adopt her and the guy that was fostering her for the past few weeks wants her too, but can't talk his family into another dog. Once she gets over her shyness (which is all but gone) and is a little better on a lead, I'm sure she'll get adopted right away.

Anyways, I just had to share my puppy playing today. :)

bubbatd

Wonderful .... hope that the pup gets a new home too soon . Amy and I were on the brink of fostering a Golden but he was quickly adopted !! Beautiful Golden and his name is Chip !

lizzybeth727

What a difficult job - playing with a puppy all day. Wow.

Twelve adoptions? That does sound like a lot! Congratulations! How many dogs does the shelter usually have available for adoption?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What a difficult job - playing with a puppy all day. Wow.

Twelve adoptions? That does sound like a lot! Congratulations! How many dogs does the shelter usually have available for adoption?
About 50 or so dogs. But the 12 adoptions was both dogs and cats. We adopted quite a few kittens today.

I'm happy I'm now one of the veterans. :) Makes the job much more fun.

Members online

No members online now.