Excitement Piddle

ApacheLAA

Hi,

About how long until a puppy outgrows this? Our golden is 5 months old and doing fantastic with house breaking.

When we know we will have visitors, she is taken out, but still manages to have an "excitement piddle". When we take walks we may stop and talk to a neighbor, she has an "excitement piddle". :yikes:

She is scheduled to be spayed in late June.

The only "accidents" in the house right now are the "excitement piddles".

Thanks,
Laura

Squirt is spayed and one year old. She still does this. we just deal with it, no big deal. I actually feel sorry for her when she does, cause you can tell that she knows not to do that. Take her out al ot, but other wise it just might always be an issue.

Maxy24

Max did it until he was like 4 or 5 (sorry). Only when people he didn't know or who didn't come over often came over he would do it. If I were you I would make sure to put her in a different room when people come over and once everyone of your guests is settled you can bring her out to meet them. Don't let your guests respond to her, just let her sniff them and wait until she settles down to let the guests pet and talk to her. She is the type you want to praise with a less enthusiastic voice and more of a gentle voice. It also seems a lot of dogs that do excited urination do submissive urination so watch out for that if someone yells at her or looms over her. If this does not work you may need to just wait it out, some dogs take longer than others.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rylie is almost 2 years old, and she still does this. She's 100% potty trained, but when she gets excited she will piddle. When we come home, or when people come over, we completely ignore her for a few minutes until she calms down. We make really light movements, and usually she's fine after a few minutes.

Members online

No members online now.