Breast feeding your DOG?

Picklepaige

Meh, I don't care, it's not hurting anyone. Then again, I really don't think anything is weird or wrong unless it is explicitly hurting someone or something. And besides, humans drink cow milk :p

Picklepaige

Not straight from the cow.....
You haven't met some of the country kids around here lol.

I just think it's kind of ridiculous that people are saying this is "animal abuse" because it's unnatural, but it's fine and dandy to chop off organs and ears and feed them corn and whatnot.

I think people spend too much time freaking out about something that's weird (I'm not denying that it's not) when it's not actually hurting anyone. But that's just me :dunno:

Danefied

You haven't met some of the country kids around here lol.
They might grab the udder in their hand and squirt in to their mouth, but they’re not putting their entire mouth over the udder and suckling. Anatomically the human mouth and cow udder don’t work together.

And FTR I do think its weird how we’re okay with humans drinking cow’s milk but skeeved at the though of humans drinking human milk.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm curious if those who see no issue with this unnatural act are comfortable with others, such as inappropriate licking and touching.

This is not for nutrition, this is for emotional benefit of the owner.

You cannot compare it to something that can save a life, and have a reasonable argument, like tiger cubs nursing off a pig.

It's perverse because she isn't doing it because the dog needs milk. You breastfeed your kid because they need it. You might breastfeed a fawn or other nursing animal, especially if you live in an undeveloped area where you can't just summon up a bottle and some milk replacer.

If you are breastfeeding an adult dog in the USA, I can't help but think you find it gratifying in some way. Which is weird.
This. Someone in a third world country feeds their livestock because they depend on them for survival. If the goat/pig/cow dies, the family suffers.

This is just crazy.

Xandra

I don't think it's strange that we drink animal milk but are weirded out by drinking human milk. I find human secretions more nasty than animal secretions. I would rather be peed on by an animal than a human. Animal saliva barely even registers, but human saliva does (still not really worried but it's different). I think a lot of people feel the same way. I mean getting dog **** on your shoe is one thing, getting human ****? Whole new level of gross :p

Plus, human secretions are just more... personal. Animals are just animals, but with human milk... you're drinking someone's secretion. That's the best I can explain it. :rofl1:

I'm in the boat that this is "weird." I can't really think of it as "wrong" though. The most harm I can think of the situation generating is the dog getting inappropriate nourishment (dairy lol), and the woman indulging in what I interpret as being a mentally unhealthy behavior. As far as sexual acts with animals, I'm of the opinion that it is ridiculous and you should probably get help if you are so inclined, but you can do what you want with your animals as long as you aren't causing them any more discomfort than the society's status quo.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I don't think it's ABUSE per say. It's definitely weird and I really think therapy might be beneficial to the lady in the story. She seems to be feeling guilty for not being able to breast feed her children and is in a way replacing the children with the dog to help her feel better about her mothering skills. To me that is not healthy. It's not a healthy relationship with your animals. Substituting animal relationships for human ones isn't healthy. And I say that as someone who absolutely loves their dogs and spends a lot of my free time with them. There's a line somewhere, imo.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm curious if those who see no issue with this unnatural act are comfortable with others, such as inappropriate licking and touching.

This is not for nutrition, this is for emotional benefit of the owner.

You cannot compare it to something that can save a life, and have a reasonable argument, like tiger cubs nursing off a pig.
This.
This dog isn't malnourished, this isn't just a "eww.. it looks weird!" thing

this is also an issue of thinking of the vast emotional issues that would cause someone to want to do this. This isn't about the dog needing nourishment, this is for her emotional benefit... for her to feel like a better mother.
which yea, is very weird to have those feelings towards a dog.

In other countries perhaps, where people depend on their animals and the animal needs nourishment...I'm sure these things happen. Mammals are adaptable and do what they need to do to survive.

..but this isn't about nourishment or survival. This is about her emotional problems.

And ya, I think that's weird.

Picklepaige

I'm in the boat that this is "weird." I can't really think of it as "wrong" though. The most harm I can think of the situation generating is the dog getting inappropriate nourishment (dairy lol), and the woman indulging in what I interpret as being a mentally unhealthy behavior. As far as sexual acts with animals, I'm of the opinion that it is ridiculous and you should probably get help if you are so inclined, but you can do what you want with your animals as long as you aren't causing them any more discomfort than the society's status quo.
This is what I'm getting at. Like I said, I really don't care what you do as long as it's not hurting anyone else. You can tell me you eat human excrement and I would just smile, nod, and hope you don't go into detail :lol-sign:

Do I think this woman has an issue if she truly thinks this dog is her child? Yes. Does it bother me? No.

Not something I would personally do, as getting my boob bitten isn't on my agenda, but I really try not to judge something because it's weird.

Docking and cropping are way way WAY more unnatural, and I don't have a problem with those either, as long as it's done with as little discomfort as possible. Would I do it? I don't know. But again, I'm not going to judge.

Lyzelle

Side fact, Eve would suck your fingers way past time she was weaned. Last time I saw her, she was nearly a year old and still sucking fingers. She had quite a strong suck response for an orphan who was raised on bottles. Her sister never had such a strong suck, one reason she was eating food before Eve.

But my boobs are getting no where near dog teeth.

And that's all I have to say, as long as no parties are being hurt or injured.

Xandra

I'm so going to judge. That's freakin' weird.
Yeah. Just to clarify. I judge. I judge most things and I certainly judge this.

Ridiculous and really freaking weird, that is my verdict lol

If I saw someone suckling a dog IRL I would be :rofl1: I mean I would try to be polite and keep a straight face/look away but I know me... I would be laughing.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
He'll freaking froze over because we finally agree on something.
This.

I try my very best not to judge people.
I have stopped actually cringing at adults wearing crocs.
I even have accepted the "furries" (people who wear mascot style animal costumes) and pretend to be animals that hang out around the park.
For the most part, hey, whatever floats your boat! You aren't hurting anyone!

but this is weird.

Crocs, cosplay, costumes.. ya, they aren't for me, but I don't think there are deep seated emotional issues behind them.

This lady has PROBLEMS.

yoko

Yeah. Just to clarify. I judge. I judge most things and I certainly judge this.

Ridiculous and really freaking weird, that is my verdict lol

If I saw someone suckling a dog IRL I would be :rofl1: I mean I would try to be polite and keep a straight face/look away but I know me... I would be laughing.
I'm not going to lie I'd try to take a pic. I don't think anyone would believe me otherwise.

TahlzK

It's 'weird' but it doesn't bother me. Maybe she 'needs' to seek help but this isn't that bad. It's not harming the dog, it isn't animal abuse, as long as the dog is comfortable and isn't fighting to get away.

Members online

No members online now.