The Venting Thread

Once you go the route of a conspiracy theory, anything is possible. Is it possible the terrorist(s) at the Boston Marathon were aliens from outer space? I suppose it's possible but I consider it extremely unlikely. Is it possible it's a government conspiracy? I highly doubt it but it's possible. The problem with conspiracy theories is that they aren't based on any evidence or have very little proof.

Last edited:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Are you kidding me? The reports are all different because of chaos and rumors and speculation and everyone trying to get the scoop.

Have you ever been through something that chaotic personally? I have, when the 35W bridge collapsed just several miles away from my house and I didn't know where some of my loved ones were. You barely know what's going on, what you're seeing and experiencing yourself, let alone trying to make sense of whether the things other people are saying "they heard" or "they think" are true. And everyone's completely unsubstantiated and speculative "opinions" at this point just contribute to chaos and rumors down the road as people pick up on "I heard it was the muslims, I heard it was the North Koreans, I heard it was the Tea Party, I heard it was the government" and just rub salt into the raw wounds of people who are dealing with grief and helplessness RIGHT NOW.

That's my vent for the venting thread. So just stop talking, for chrissake. You're part of the problem right now.
That's because it was CHAOS, and in chaotic events, misinformation flies. If you read articles on this, how many quotes are from people who are unnamed because they are not authorized to speak on the subject? I read one this morning that had at least two. (As a media person I have always HATED that - if you are not authorized to speak on the subject, you are quite possibly missing something, so shut up.)

There is no evidence to point to anybody having used the cartoon as "inspiration," no evidence that anybody involved with Family Guy did this, no evidence that "the government" did this. You aren't stopping anybody from doing their jobs, no, but it is a distraction and no better than what you are complaining about as far as misdirection, misinformation, and a lack of anything concrete.

You can wonder why and you can wonder who. But it is a level of arrogance involved if you think you will actually be able to determine the answer to "who" sitting on the internet thousands of miles away.
Agreed with these.

Tima

so ****ing mad. a dog i gave away almost 2 years ago nearly got hit by a car and i find out about it because a pit bull rescue in the area now has him and nobody can tell me anything and im a nervous wreck goddamnit
Wow, interesting backstory. How odd to see a dog online that was once yours. I've seen this dog on the adoption sites, thought he was beautiful, and somehow found this thread while googling him.

How did the dog end up in rescue? Were you not in touch with whomever you gave him to?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Wow, interesting backstory. How odd to see a dog online that was once yours. I've seen this dog on the adoption sites, thought he was beautiful, and somehow found this thread while googling him.

How did the dog end up in rescue? Were you not in touch with whomever you gave him to?
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrandom!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
It's not unusual for rescues to keep track of their dogs, buddy's foster parents still keep in contact with me. I don't see that is bad or weird & I am cretins if something like hit-by-car would have happened to him (I told them when he go bit by the snake, too) IMO its common curtesy for the adoptee to give the adopter a rundown every once & a while.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
It's not unusual for rescues to keep track of their dogs, buddy's foster parents still keep in contact with me. I don't see that is bad or weird & I am cretins if something like hit-by-car would have happened to him (I told them when he go bit by the snake, too) IMO its common curtesy for the adoptee to give the adopter a rundown every once & a while.
Frostfell isn't a rescue. She bought the dog, gave it up, lost track of it, and now is upset the rescue, whom she publicly bad mouthed, is not bending over to share intel with her.

I think you're misunderstanding.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I haven't caught up yet at all what's going on in this thread.

So, for now my vent is that I got bitten in the crotch by a brown recluse. NOT FUN.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Clearly I was ... I stand corrected.
More correctly: Bought a dog, gave him to a home screened to hell and back, who a month later refused to return my calls or keep in touch, then I moved to the other side of the state, and gave up, then moved to Michigan, and NOW, randomly, woke up to an IM and was sent a picture from a third party saying "is this who i think it is?" and it was him, and then i had no other information for several hours while i sat and ate nails and wondered and speculated and worried, until two people got back to me with more details

im perfectly ****ing allowed to dislike people who have spat on me, wronged me, and been rude to me. i would be pretty insane to still adore people who have done those things to me :rolleyes:

Red Chrome

More correctly: Bought a dog, gave him to a home screened to hell and back, who a month later refused to return my calls or keep in touch, then I moved to the other side of the state, and gave up, then moved to Michigan, and NOW, randomly, woke up to an IM and was sent a picture from a third party saying "is this who i think it is?" and it was him, and then i had no other information for several hours while i sat and ate nails and wondered and speculated and worried, until two people got back to me with more details

im perfectly ****ing allowed to dislike people who have spat on me, wronged me, and been rude to me. i would be pretty insane to still adore people who have done those things to me :rolleyes:
You can dislike them but don't spout untruths. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be ready to back up your claims with proof. This is where google sleuthing is useful. Either put up or shut up.

Furthermore...they wronged you....over a fuc**ng FURSAVER and LEASH..Tell me how much they were and I will send you the **** money to get new ones. As far as rude......well.....I don't think I'd be nice either if you were rude to me.

I understand **** happens and you can only do so much to keep track of a dog you place. However, why weren't you on the microchip to help keep track of him? Why didn't you call the father to the girl(his number was easy to find)? Why didn't you....the list goes on. You placed the dog, weren't concerned about it after that.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
You can dislike them but don't spout untruths. ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be ready to back up your claims with proof. This is where google sleuthing is useful. Either put up or shut up.

Furthermore...they wronged you....over a fuc**ng FURSAVER and LEASH..Tell me how much they were and I will send you the **** money to get new ones. As far as rude......well.....I don't think I'd be nice either if you were rude to me.

I understand **** happens and you can only do so much to keep track of a dog you place. However, why weren't you on the microchip to help keep track of him? Why didn't you call the father to the girl(his number was easy to find)? Why didn't you....the list goes on. You placed the dog, weren't concerned about it after that.
You dont know nearly as much as you think you do :rolleyes:

Red Chrome

You dont know nearly as much as you think you do :rolleyes:
Think again. Seriously, how much was the leash and fursaver? I'll send you the money for it, so you will drop the..."they stole from me."

Better yet, consider the tub of Nupro I sent you for Kitty payment for the leash and collar. That should cover it.

Think again. Seriously, how much was the leash and fursaver? I'll send you the money for it, so you will drop the..."they stole from me."
:rofl1: Actually, she's already been paid for the fursaver. She told the woman she took money from (on another forum) and sold it to to go f*** herself and that she wasn't sending it.

Airn

:rofl1: Actually, she's already been paid for the fursaver. She told the woman she took money from (on another forum) and sold it to to go f*** herself and that she wasn't sending it.
Well, that seems awfully nice.....

I don't know your situation, frostfell. I know little to nothing about you or your dogs, but you seem to have a LOT of problems. And you seem to always be pissed off about something. Maybe seeing a doctor and getting some anxiety meds or something will help. Or trying some techniques to help your stress.

And all the cursing.. seriously? I mean, first off, you aren't actually saying these words since they're censored. It's one thing to occansionally spout off a *** but every post? Again, I think this goes with the anger/anxiety/whatever problems you have.

You're getting upset over something you can't control. Seriously, calm down. Chillax.

Members online

No members online now.