The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
On the subject of the size of thighs.
Has anybody here ever seen Ciara? Struttin' it out in short shorts, or I know there's a few Playboy-esque shots of her around too. Her thighs are NOT skinny thighs, and yet bam, there she is in short shorts like nobody's business.

I wonder if she cares when she can do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakgTQ_Ubzs
Watch her starting at 33 seconds.
IN THOSE SHOES.

Sometimes I think my priorities are definitely out of whack. Because I would like to do that. I would like to do that in ANY shoes.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Has anybody here ever seen Ciara? Struttin' it out in short shorts, or I know there's a few Playboy-esque shots of her around too. Her thighs are NOT skinny thighs, and yet bam, there she is in short shorts like nobody's business.

IN THOSE SHOES.

Sometimes I think my priorities are definitely out of whack. Because I would like to do that. I would like to do that in ANY shoes.
Holy crap.

I haven't heard anything from Ciara in ages!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
To be honest, if you're that sick, I'm shocked she's letting you work. Don't you work with kids? I'd be pissed if I found out somebody watching my kid was sick and working, if my kid came home sick.
If what a doctor once told me is to be believed, you aren't really contagious once you start showing symptoms. I always stay home anyway, for my benefit, but by that point you've already infected everyone else. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

IN THOSE SHOES.

As my boyfriend said after I was worried about my weight (I gained almost ten pounds and this is the heaviest I've been): "You must be putting that weight on in really good places, because I can't tell. I also don't know what you're talking about when you say your thighs are big. Your thighs are fine. You have curves. You're a woman. You are supposed to have curves. Could you tone it a little? Yes. But you look wonderful."

That made my day better. :cool:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
As my boyfriend said after I was worried about my weight (I gained almost ten pounds and this is the heaviest I've been): "You must be putting that weight on in really good places, because I can't tell. I also don't know what you're talking about when you say your thighs are big. Your thighs are fine. You have curves. You're a woman. You are supposed to have curves. Could you tone it a little? Yes. But you look wonderful."

That made my day better. :cool:
I felt happy reading what he said lol

Fran - Everything will be ok. Yes take it one day at a time.

I stress A LOT. Like a lot a lot. And the best way I found to deal with it is to take it one day at time and don't over think things. I over think things more than most people. If I can do it, I have faith you can to.

You are a smart, BEAUTIFUL, talented, wonderful woman. I have admired you for so long and love how happy you are.
So what your hair doesn't do exactly as you want? Its okay. My hair is beyond wavy so when I have bad hair days, i straighten it, throw it in a messy bun and throw some sunglasses on to hold my bangs back. I get a lot of compliments on how cute my hair is when I do that.

Your thighs rub together? Its ok! Because you are beautiful. Don't pick out your flaws, pick out the good things about you. My thighs rub together but you know what? I don't care what ppl say about that because Im working on losing weight.

Don't stress so much. Breathe. Relax. Read that book. Eat that piece of cake. Play with that handsome puppy of yours. Pay back your loan when you can and don't over think it. College is stressful and over whelming but one.day.at.a.time.

You can handle this and SMILE. :)

CaliTerp07

Fran,

I think it's totally normal to have panic attacks as you approach graduation. For so long you are working towards something so concrete with absolute, clearly defined steps:
  • Get good grades in high school
  • score well on the SATs
  • Get accepted into college
  • Get decent grades
  • Declare a major
  • Land an internship

And then, all of a sudden, there is no clear thing to work for anymore. You have choices. Too many choices, with too big of consequences. It's SCARY. You have so much freedom, so many opportunities to "screw up your life" by making the "wrong" choices. For so long people have held your hand and pushed you in certain directions, and now everyone has stepped back and it's totally up to you. I had so many tearful, fearful nights wondering if I had chosen the right major, and later the right job offer and career.

I have a poster on the wall of my classroom. It says, "Life is about making mistakes and learning from them." I try to keep that in mind when faced with a giant choice I'm afraid of. It's okay to realize down the road I should have done things differently. I can always backtrack and change paths. As long as you're learning, you're never stuck or static.

I greatly enjoyed much of college, but it was definitely a time of high anxiety. I still don't think I know what I want to do with my life (despite having 4 years of IT consulting and nearly 2 years of teaching under my belt), but I'm now much more comfortable with the not knowing. It doesn't feel as final and scary going to work as it did when I graduated. I still have choices :)

Hope that you are able to find someone to talk to about your stresses. A good friend/family member/therapist/significant other is worth their weight in gold. It's impossible to be at 100%, 100% of the time. Sometimes you have to let someone else carry a little of your burden.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The fridge froze my lettuce. The FRIDGE FROZE my LETTUCE!!! *turns into monster*

I may have a bit of PMS today. A bit.

Saeleofu

I opened a yogurt and t was all curdly and gross and clearly not edible. And the expiration date is supposed to be FEBRUARY 6. >.< READ YOUR STUPID LABEL, YOGURT!

Saeleofu

I bought three more yogurts. I got home and one of them is light instead of carbmaster. I shouldn't go shopping when I'm sick :/

Grab

Clive seems to be allergic to penicillin. His cheeks turned bright red and he developed a rash. Discontinued the med, gave him some Benadryl and will call his doctor when I get off work tomorrow to see if they want to put him on something else for his ear infection. Poor little guy and his troubles.

The lad will probably stay home with him tomorrow, since although he seems to feel fine, I think sending him off rash covered is just asking for one of us to get called to collect him early anyway.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I opened a yogurt and t was all curdly and gross and clearly not edible. And the expiration date is supposed to be FEBRUARY 6. >.< READ YOUR STUPID LABEL, YOGURT!
I have had yogurt do that to me too ... Arrgh !!! >_<

When silly his sickness end? WHEN?? I thought I had this stuff beat but nooooo. More fever/ chills & just a general feeling of crappiness yesterday & last night, I feel better this morning but every time I get out of bed for any reason I get cold again :( being sick sucks, mostly because I have this, normally crazy good immune system & I NEVER get sick ... But when I do it's horrible. I guess only the really bad bugs can get thru lol.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
FedEx picks the only day this week where no one will be home all day to drop off my parcel. I left them a note to leave it on the step but who knows it they can actually do that. Sigh.

Lyzelle

I was emptying the dishwasher the other day and dropped one of the ceramic bowls. It shattered, of course. I hate that set anyway, so no biggie.

So I picked up the pieces, scoured the floor for smaller pieces, then swept all over. Later I felt a sharp pain in my foot, so I look down to see some very, very small slivers in my foot. Ugh.

I dug out what I could, but I can still see tiny flecks under the skin that are driving me batty. They don't hurt, aren't nearly large enough to cause any issues, it's just barely enough to annoy the heck out of me and give me a sharp jolt now and then when I dig my foot into something.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Clive seems to be allergic to penicillin. His cheeks turned bright red and he developed a rash. Discontinued the med, gave him some Benadryl and will call his doctor when I get off work tomorrow to see if they want to put him on something else for his ear infection. Poor little guy and his troubles.

The lad will probably stay home with him tomorrow, since although he seems to feel fine, I think sending him off rash covered is just asking for one of us to get called to collect him early anyway.
Poor boy, keep an eye on his waist line. I am allergic to penicillin and found out about his age (well, my mom did). I would get a wicked belt rash and it would travel up my body. One time we tried it again and my throat began to swell. They say you outgrow a lot of allergies but I guess that one can be pretty violent so it's not worth re-trying. Luckily there are plenty of other options out there for us.

Members online

No members online now.