A thought

Saje

Island dweller
I had a thought today. :eek:

:) My parents (dad probably) are going to help me move my horses out here and I want to start conditioning them for endurance riding. Now I don't know where I will be boarding the horses or where I will be able to ride but wouldn't it be neat if it was somewhere where I could take my dogs?! They would get so much exercise following me on some trails.

Just how far is a good run for dogs in athletic condition? Scarlette?

bogolove

The dog that Brady plays with, Jenny, her owners (Liz and Greg) take her when they go riding a lot. Greg's mom has horses and when they go to visit her they always take Jenny and she loves it so much. She gets a lot of exercise when she goes there with them because all she does is run. They go about once every month or so. He is in med school though, so it is less when he is having to study a lot during the school year, but they go a lot when he is out of school for vacations.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
truly it depends on the dog some are big runners and some airn't. My dogs run 8 mile runs a day with 6 10 minute breathers. Im not sure for Mikey and Maverick i would say just figure in how long their walks are. Just remember take water breaks.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh for sure. My horses, me and my dogs would all need to build up to it. Eventually the horses would do 50-mile runs once or twice a week with shorter runs throughout the week but I don't think the dogs could/should do that. When we start though it will be a good adventure for all. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My little dog use to get up on the saddle.bracing her body between me and the front of the horn..what ever that is called...maybe you could teach them ride..oh i am just kidding.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i was more thinking like the bears that rode the ponies at the circus..then i thought that won't work..her dogs are as big as the ponies..

Members online