The Venting Thread

FG167

Maybe wait a bit yet. How old is he? I'd you aren't planning on breeding him then I would just wait and see.
He's 6 months. I wanted the option to breed him...and I DEFINITELY wanted to breed survey him.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I know it seems silly to NON show people, but it is really bumming me out. Not just the testicle, but also the spasm...makes me concerned for his future with a very high impact sport.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know it seems silly to NON show people, but it is really bumming me out. Not just the testicle, but also the spasm...makes me concerned for his future with a very high impact sport.
Honestly the spasm is what would have me most worried... Auggie was cryptorchid, we neutered him a bit earlier than I would have liked as a result, and it didn't affect his agility performance... but a possible seizure at this age? Sometimes they grow out of it but usually they are MUCH younger when they are having "they'll grow out of it" seizures...

Have you talked to a vet about it? Pepper had her little "episode" and at the time it happened I was convinced it was a seizure. Once it was over, I wasn't 100% sure anymore. I called her co-owner (CVT) and asked her opinion and she wasn't 100% convinced either. I wrote down a detailed record of it should it happen again, we'd have a record of what happened and how often. It hasn't happened again. It could just be something totally random and weird.
Unfortunately drawing blood work after the fact doesn't always point to "yes it was" or "yes it wasn't" so it's hard to know... but you could at least get a vet's opinion on it...

I don't envy your decision at all. =< I'm really sorry. It's tough because I know you pretty much just went through this with Limit and it's really not fair to have to go through it again...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Dad has to go to the doctor. They wanted him to see a doctor on Monday and he asked the nurse who called "So what about my leg?"
"What about it? It shouldn't hurt anymore..."
"Uh, it hurts worse now than it did before."
"Oh."

So he's in to see a doctor shortly. My mom is supposed to text or call me with whatever they say. My grandma gets blood clots in her legs and she said they just send her to a vein place and they drain it. He asked about that and the nurse said she'd never even heard of the vein place.

And Auggie has to go to the vet tomorrow for a potential major toe issue.
He doesn't have toes to spare you guys.
And he's supposed to run next Sunday, just one day and just for fun. =<
Poor Auggles.

FG167

Honestly the spasm is what would have me most worried... Auggie was cryptorchid, we neutered him a bit earlier than I would have liked as a result, and it didn't affect his agility performance... but a possible seizure at this age? Sometimes they grow out of it but usually they are MUCH younger when they are having "they'll grow out of it" seizures...

Have you talked to a vet about it? Pepper had her little "episode" and at the time it happened I was convinced it was a seizure. Once it was over, I wasn't 100% sure anymore. I called her co-owner (CVT) and asked her opinion and she wasn't 100% convinced either. I wrote down a detailed record of it should it happen again, we'd have a record of what happened and how often. It hasn't happened again. It could just be something totally random and weird.
Unfortunately drawing blood work after the fact doesn't always point to "yes it was" or "yes it wasn't" so it's hard to know... but you could at least get a vet's opinion on it...

I don't envy your decision at all. =< I'm really sorry. It's tough because I know you pretty much just went through this with Limit and it's really not fair to have to go through it again...
Let me preface this by saying that my vet isn't very good. But, supposedly there is not much to be done since it was a one-time occurrence (so far).

This is more of a three strikes situation. First the limping, then the one testicle, then the episode...I'm really stressed about if he's going to be able to do the sport...and the testicle is a big problem since breed survey is a showing thing...he needs both nuts.

Thanks for the words though, you're the third person who had a dog with an "episode" like this, that never happened again - so that makes me hopeful!

The ONE upside to this vs Limit, if I decide to not take Aikon he'll go back to his breeder, and he'll be a WONDERFUL fit for any active pet/agility home. Limit doesn't have a breeder that takes dogs back, and he is difficult to live with, not something people usually seek out in a pet. That's my only positive right now - he's a happy pup that everyone that meets him, loves, so he'll be fine...I'll just be a mess. I need to decide in the next week or so, he's due for x-rays, and to get a tooth pulled so if he's going to have that, up to the breeder if they want to take the other testicle or not...ugh.

With what you plan to do with him I wouldn't blame your choice, it's hard but completely understandable.
Logically, I know this. Emotionally, I despise this decision. Thank you for the understanding though, it means a lot. I am struggling with this.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Let me preface this by saying that my vet isn't very good. But, supposedly there is not much to be done since it was a one-time occurrence (so far).

This is more of a three strikes situation. First the limping, then the one testicle, then the episode...I'm really stressed about if he's going to be able to do the sport...and the testicle is a big problem since breed survey is a showing thing...he needs both nuts.

Thanks for the words though, you're the third person who had a dog with an "episode" like this, that never happened again - so that makes me hopeful!

The ONE upside to this vs Limit, if I decide to not take Aikon he'll go back to his breeder, and he'll be a WONDERFUL fit for any active pet/agility home. Limit doesn't have a breeder that takes dogs back, and he is difficult to live with, not something people usually seek out in a pet. That's my only positive right now - he's a happy pup that everyone that meets him, loves, so he'll be fine...I'll just be a mess. I need to decide in the next week or so, he's due for x-rays, and to get a tooth pulled so if he's going to have that, up to the breeder if they want to take the other testicle or not...ugh.

Logically, I know this. Emotionally, I despise this decision. Thank you for the understanding though, it means a lot. I am struggling with this.
Why don't you just keep him and use him for your agility/flyball dog and use your puppy next year for your IPO dog? You can trial in agility without him being intact.

DJEtzel

What exactly did you get him for? I didn't realize he was a breeding prospect, I thought you had just got him to kind of play around with and see how he turned out to see if you wanted to keep him as a performance dog. Are you still doing IPO with Kastle? That's a bummer for sure.

FG167

Why don't you just keep him and use him for your agility/flyball dog and use your puppy next year for your IPO dog? You can trial in agility without him being intact.
It's too soon. I want an agility dog in 1-2 years from now. I don't have the time to train him in agility while focusing on Eden/Robin/Limit right now. I want Robin to be actively trialing and Limit to be well on the way through training, before I even bring the new pup home. Plus, IPO foundation is VERY time consuming, so I would prefer to get that done so when agility pup comes, I can focus on them while maintaining the other.

What exactly did you get him for? I didn't realize he was a breeding prospect, I thought you had just got him to kind of play around with and see how he turned out to see if you wanted to keep him as a performance dog. Are you still doing IPO with Kastle? That's a bummer for sure.
I got him to do IPO with and breed survey - which requires a conformation/showing card through the SV. I did get him to play around with and see if he'd work for IPO - the kicker is he's a nice pup, but the health issues combined with the one testicle doesn't really bode well for future IPO trialing and definitely not for breed survey. My breeder knows this and is already prepared/comfortable with me bringing him back if I choose to, based on the undescended testicle alone.

Yes, Kastle is going for his BH in about 2 weeks (August 16th weekend), we drive to GA every weekend to train (4 hour trip one way). My TD is planning on my IPO I to follow rather shortly behind that, if I can get his tracking ready - his obedience is almost there and protection is ready.

Lyzelle

Was going to post in the Good News thread because I was having such a good day after a crappy week.

But then day ruined.

Ohai Venting Thread. Can I vent about how pissed I am that I'm here so often lately?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I don't want my boyfriend to be in the marines.
I want him to have a normal job and be here and wake up next to him and not worry about him all the time and not have this stupid stigma because I'm dating him. I hate the distance.

I really really like him.. and I know a part of what I love about him, the marines created/molded I guess. I mean, it's a part of who he is.

But I just..want him to not be so far away.

I am also venting because I'm pretty sure I love him and that scares the **** out of me.

Like today my mom was like "You be careful before you end up married with 2 kids!"
and I smiled.
SMILED.

THE THOUGHT OF MARRYING HIM AND HAVING HIS KIDS WAS PLEASANT.

I'm in so much trouble.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I want him to have a normal job and be here and wake up next to him and not worry about him all the time and not have this stupid stigma because I'm dating him. I hate the distance.

I really really like him.. and I know a part of what I love about him, the marines created/molded I guess. I mean, it's a part of who he is.

But I just..want him to not be so far away.

I am also venting because I'm pretty sure I love him and that scares the **** out of me.

Like today my mom was like "You be careful before you end up married with 2 kids!"
and I smiled.
SMILED.

THE THOUGHT OF MARRYING HIM AND HAVING HIS KIDS WAS PLEASANT.

I'm in so much trouble.
Michael is Navy. He left for RTC for 8 weeks this past Sunday, then he's flying out to Missouri for 16 weeks for A-school. The next time I will really get to see him and spend time with him will be when we have our marriage ceremony next year.

Scares the ever loving **** out of me.

He hasn't even been gone a week and I miss him like crazy. I think I'm doing better, and then I get stressed out, or have a bad day at work, and I just want to be held and no one is there to hold me. I want to go to sleep holding him, and I can't. I want to tell him about that stupid thing that happened that made me smile because of whatever stupid reason and I can't. At least during A-school we'll be able to chat on the phone and Skype. No contact at all is killing me.

It's hard. It is so hard.

But....he's mine, heart and soul. I would rather spend the next decade of my life without him right by my side while he's on deployment than spend the rest of my life without him at all.

I'm going to pick up and move across the country, leaving my entire family, my job, and my friends. I'm going to marry and raise a family with someone who will be gone for 6 months after every year for the next decade.

I think I'm in trouble, too, Fran. LOL

CaliTerp07

I understand, completely. I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend of 4+ years because I just couldn't come to terms with being a navy spouse. You have to be 100% into the military too...and I just wasn't.

Torch

Do you have a warranty on your laptop? Pirate did this when he was small and I sent it to the company as it was still under warranty. They replaced the cord, no questions asked.
Laptop cords are super cheap on amazon.. Not that I've had to replace a few or anything....
Definitely this. I just had to replace mine after Logan decided out of the blue a couple weeks ago that it looked like a good snack. And he's FOUR YEARS OLD. He knows not to chew on ****. But at least it was around $6 to replace.
Thanks for the input, ladies! :)

Fortunately the cord is barely chewed and functioned just fine. It's the principle of the thing!!

Saeleofu

Thanks for the input, ladies! :)

Fortunately the cord is barely chewed and functioned just fine. It's the principle of the thing!!
Laptop cords just seem to be super tasty lol. Maybe we should invent a chew toy based on a laptop cord :rofl1:

Obi caught and killed a skunk in our backyard tonight. But not before it sprayed him. At 9:30. As I am trying to get my daughter to sleep in her cosleeper for the first time.

FML.

Members online

No members online now.