Poll on Breed Bans

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm surprised it is so low. Unfortunately in reality a lot more people hate dogs in general and especially any breed "big enough to cause harm".

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Oh, they don't want them to die. They don't think about that. They just want them "outlawed," at which point they will painlessly evaporate as if they had never been. They don't think that actual, real animals have to die, or that little children will cry because the big gentle dog they grew up with is being dragged away with a catch pole, or that old ladies may be denied their only companion. These people think that if you outlaw something, it just goes away. Poof. This is an oddly common belief in our society . .things you outlaw just go away, and there are no consequences or backlash. You just say, "there ought to be a law," and presto, the problem is gone!

What I find very strange is that pit bulls really aren't that large . . .

Also, the reason its only 2% is that they polled pet owners. If they'd polled the general public, well, it would have been MUCH higher. On the other hand, that's 2% of pet owners who support breed bans, so its actually if less than that of pet owners . . . enough to be a statistical fluke.

What I find very strange is that pit bulls really aren't that large . . .
Noooo! They are 100 pounds of muscle with laser eyes, locking jaws, double rows of teeth on the top and bottom jaw and are responsible for world hunger.

Members online

No members online now.