Greg Gutfield's gay bar next door to ground zero mosque?

ACooper

I think it's brilliant personally and I hope he succeeds with his investors :)

Quote from the link:

just because I support Muslim Americans in their fight against anti-Islam prejudice, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a few dings for their religion’s own prejudice against homosexuals. If you want to be treated fairly, you should treat others fairly as well.
Greg Gutfeld | Gutfeld Gay Bar | Ground Zero Mosque | Mediaite

There's no need to fight this mosque, and especially not with violence. A good dose of your own medicine though normally cures what ails you faster than anything else IMO. (and that statement isn't directed at just one group!)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I am now totally sidetracked reading Greg Gutfeld's blog. And I think he is awesome.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Some one had a contest to name it . . . I can't remember what one . . . I just know that I choked on my coffee at "Dome of the Cock."

ACooper

Some one had a contest to name it . . . I can't remember what one . . . I just know that I choked on my coffee at "Dome of the Cock."
OMG! I read some of those somewhere too! :rofl1:

I remember one was "Mecca-lecka Hi Mecca Heiney Hoes" That one had me and Kevin in stitches.......politically correct or not, I had tears streaming! ROFL

Joe brings up a good point here.

Still though, the only thing that would make this plan perfect would be if Gutfeld created a chain of gay bars and plopped them down next to churches and synagogues since it’s not like those religions have been super open-minded.
That way the plan would 'fair and balanced.'

There is a good interview here about why Mayor Bloomberg, who is not personally very religious, still regards defending religious freedom of all faiths as important.

Video - Mayor Bloomberg's Faith Frames Mosque Debate - WSJ.com

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Oh, I am definitely in support of the equal opportunity placement of gay bars, strip clubs and "novelty stores."

What to bet which ones get firebombed first? Would it be a) the ones next to the mosque, b) the ones next to the synagogue, or c) the ones next to a church?

Hint: I don't think it would be the one next to the mosque.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
Neat, now tensions will certainly spiral out of control!

Wonder what the body count will be, and which side will be struck first?

ACooper

Joe brings up a good point here.

That way the plan would 'fair and balanced.'

There is a good interview here about why Mayor Bloomberg, who is not personally very religious, still regards defending religious freedom of all faiths as important.

Video - Mayor Bloomberg's Faith Frames Mosque Debate - WSJ.com
The point of the gay bar at that location (if you've read anything else on the subject) was to cater specifically to MUSLIM gays (and of course to tick them off no doubt).......and yes, there is a large group of muslim gays (apparently)

But otherwise, I agree. I am christian, I am not gay, but I don't mind if someone else has that lifestyle :) Judge not lest ye be judged and all of that.

Oh, I am definitely in support of the equal opportunity placement of gay bars, strip clubs and "novelty stores."

What to bet which ones get firebombed first? Would it be a) the ones next to the mosque, b) the ones next to the synagogue, or c) the ones next to a church?

Hint: I don't think it would be the one next to the mosque.
I don't know why you'd think that. I'd say it's all a ring toss on which group would be violent first. NONE of them are accepting of that lifestyle, the muslims in this country may keep their violence towards the bar on the down low whereas a christian group would most likely BRAG or want credit immediately for it though. *shrugs* who knows.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I don't know why you'd think that. I'd say it's all a ring toss on which group would be violent first. NONE of them are accepting of that lifestyle, the muslims in this country may keep their violence towards the bar on the down low whereas a christian group would most likely BRAG or want credit immediately for it though. *shrugs* who knows.
ITs not that I have something against Christians, that's not why I said it. It was a combination of two things: 1) there are a lot more Christian fanatics in this country than Muslim fanatics, and 2) the Muslims know dang well that if something happens to that bar, everyone will blame them (even if they didn't do it) and people will be howling for their blood. Fanatical Christians, on the other hand, are much more likely to think they'll get away with it, or at least get off easy (and in many, though not all cases, they'd be right) As for the Jews . . . frankly, though I know there ARE Jewish fanatics, I've never met one.

Members online

No members online now.