Angel and Riley pics

I thought I would update with some new pictures of Angel, and a few of Riley boy.

I also thought I would give an update on Angel's situation. On September 11th she went in for two routine vaccines, distemper/parvo, and Corona. Two days after receiving her shots, she started to have difficulty standing up from a sit, and would 'bunny hop' when she tried to run.

She progressed more each day, and eventually lost the ability to walk or control her hind legs at all.

After blood tests, x-rays, and multiple vet visits, a local neurologist diagnosed her with polyneuropathy, caused from her vaccinations. Basically, for whatever reason the vaccines were too much for her system and caused inflammation around her nerves(best way I can describe it). So she is temporarily paralyzed from the waist down.

Long story short, she still can't walk on her own, but the prognosis is 'excellent' that she will walk again and make a full recovery. Apparently, the full recovery will take 6-8 weeks. Once the inflammation goes down, she should start to feel her legs and will start walking.

I still can't believe this happened to her. I feel incredibly guilty for taking her in that day for those two shots. Thankfully, she still seems to be her happy self(pictures will show that). If you all wouldn't mind, keep little Angel in your thoughts and prayers. I am confident she will get better, but there is a chance she will not.

Here is little Angel. Pictures were taken this morning.

begging for a treat

windblown....

and two side shots taken a few weeks ago.

I just measured him and he is 26" at the shoulder(just over slightly). I can't see him getting much taller, but he continues to surprise me with that!

milos_mommy

What a sweet girl...I'm sure she'll pull through strong. Riley's handsome as always.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Wow look at them purty doggies!
I hope all goes well with Miss Angel! She can do it! :D

R

RedyreRottweilers

Beautiful dogs!

I hope the baby is better soon. Have you considered consulting a holistic vet?

Toller_08

It's so good to see some new pictures of them!

I'm sorry to hear about Angel's vaccine reaction though. Poor girl (and you!). I hope she makes a complete recovery soon!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wow... Angel is absolutely gorgeous! I must hug her! Collies don't seem to ever go through an awkward adolescence. Even with those wonky ears, she looks so elegant and lady-like.

You don't post enough pictures, seriously!!! She has grown up so much... and she looks so happy, despite what she's going through. DON'T even try to blame yourself or feel guilty, for taking Angel in for her shots; the same could have happened to anyone. Angel is lucky to have a Mom who is not going to give up on her. I hope she gets well veryyy soon!

Riley is so handsome. His coat looks amazing. You're making me want a Rough, with your fluffy, adorable pups... but I cannot imagine dealing with all of that coat!

Thank you everyone:)

Red, I have considered taking her in, but I don't know of any near me. From what my neurologist said, this is something that should entirely go away. Because she had this reaction though, he let my normal vet know...and is going to tell him how to finish her needed puppy vaccines without this happening again. He feels, once she is fully vaccinated...to never vaccinate her again(I am not sure if he is talking about the 'known' problem shots for her, or all of them).

Ihart, Wait until 5-6 months, and then you will start seeing the awkward stage:p;). She is an elegent pup, and I am totally biased, but I love her head. The resemblance between her and Aspen is really uncanny at this point as well. She is also 'freakishly' intelligent. Will make an awesome performance and obedience dog.

Riley just blew his coat, and is growing in his winter fluff now. He is around the age Aspen started to get a real nice full coat. I think his is coming!

ACooper

I completely missed this about Angel......:(

I hope she makes a full recovery with no ill effects, and SOON :)

Oh, and glorious pictures by the way..........the both look FABULOUS!

Members online

No members online now.