Labrador Lookalike Sentenced to Die

Kayla

WOW the man broke into her apartment with a knife threating to kill her dog before the indicdent occured and the dog is being called dangerous...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
This is why BSL scares me to death. I have a old-style looking black lab who isn't the friendliest towards other dogs who get in her space. Not mean, just very vocal about where her boundries are. Just by reading off one of the "standards" she fits the description of an APBT...if someone got really pissed off at me and decided to call AC on my dog...I'd have a hell of a time proving that she's actually a Lab, since she's from a pound and has no papers to prove anything other than she's spayed.

There are certain areas who are revoking straight BSL and tightening up their dangerous dog laws, so there is hope that one day these messages and countless eff-ups by the courts will be all BSL overturned.

Romy

Taxiderpy
What you can do for your lab Zoom, is take some photos of her and send them to the AKC with proof of spay and get her on a limited registration, the kind that lets them compete in AKC sporting events. It's not a set in stone proof of breeding, but it's something in case you ever do have problems with AC.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Yeah, I've been meaning to get in on that...except I don't have 100% solid proof of spay...her adoption papers say "most likely spayed." I don't know if that's acceptable or not...she's never come into heat anyway...

Romy

Taxiderpy
If you take her in for a vet visit, the vet can examine her stomach for a spay scar and write you a certificate based on that. Good luck!

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
This is just . . . bizarre. The man bitten is facing criminal charges for threatening her. The dog looks like a chocolate lab . . . might even BE a chocolate lab. Sure as hell isn't a 'pit bull' of any sort, not that that should matter.

So, let me get this straight . . . owner was attacked, attacker facing crimal charges, labrador or labrador mix defends owner . . . labrador-(mix) is put down as pit bull . . . WHAT?!?!?

Am I missing something here, or has Ontario gone totally insane? This doesn't make sense even by BSL standards.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That's horrible on all accounts. :(

Why should a dog be put down for biting someone that was attacking its owner?

Members online

No members online now.