Can you recommend breeds that are calm?

Giny

Another vote for Greyhound! Not that I'm bias or anything because I just LOVE this breed.

A Woops Edit: Just noticed this thread started a few years ago.:D I wonder what they got in the end.

bjolly

my vote is, go to the shelter and save the life of an adult dog with a calm temperament. : )
Greyhounds are lovely too though.

mojozen

bullie lover
Giny said:
Another vote for Greyhound! Not that I'm bias or anything because I just LOVE this breed.

A Woops Edit: Just noticed this thread started a few years ago.:D I wonder what they got in the end.

Giny - I have been wondering the same thing. :)

L

LabBreeder

seaecho said:
After working as a vet technician for 12 yrs., I've seen it all! In my opinion, the majority of Labs and Goldens are hyper for most of their lives. Often to the point of bouncing off the walls.

Everyone talks about stereotyping breeds. Here's another example.
Labs don't "bounce off the walls" any more than those little terrier breeds that are so blasted hyper. A lab puppy will want to play alot but is not necessarily THAT hyper. Our 2 year old is content to lounge around. When the pup wants to play, or we take her out or "rile" her up, she gets hyper and will play or run around for about 15-20 minutes. She calms down and lounges again.
Each dog is different regardless of the breed. You just have to pick the right one for you.

NobleMastiff

Super Clumsy!
Calm to a point of almost pure laziness...?

English mastiff all The way!

Really, Mastiffs are beautiful, slow, calm, and extremely affectionate. You have to realize that a English Mastiff is much more messy than the above mentioned dogs, but they are a joy to own, and the attention you get anywhere you go is amazing. Do some research on the breed and never forget, as mentioned above it definitly depends on your living enviornment. Just do some research and see if the Noble Mastiff is right for you.

Trip

oddly enough another dog I like for calmness, is a rottweiler.I think they've gotten a bad rap, my friends likes nothing more then to sit with you and be loved.

Members online

No members online now.