Is this possible? Miracle puppies...

R

rottiegirl

I was just browsing the net when I found this ad.... Miracle puppies FREE to good home (one per family please). 8 weeks old. 4 Males, 4 Females. Father is 180 pound English mastiff. Mother is 2 pound teacup chihuahua. These puppies have giant heads and tiny bodies. Very Loving animals. Grey and white.... So is it really possible to have a 180 pound father and a 2 pound mother? It sounds crazy!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Nope. For clarification, they won't let a 5 lb yorkie breed to a 3 pound female, but they'll do the other way around, simply because of mechanics and potential birthing issues.

joce

Absolutely now ay.

I do know a female papillon that had a shar pei pup. The pup was almost as big as her in a week.And only one pup,she never could have fit more. They just thought she was getting bigger because if the food they switched her too:eek:

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
joce said:
Absolutely now ay.

I do know a female papillon that had a shar pei pup. The pup was almost as big as her in a week.And only one pup,she never could have fit more. They just thought she was getting bigger because if the food they switched her too:eek:
wow that is crazy :eek:

Mordy

Quigleyfied
with a mastiff dam and a chi sire i'd have said unlikely, but possible. the other way around, hardly. first of all there are anatomical incompatibilities *cough* that wouldn't let such a big male impregnate a tiny female in a natural mating, and second it's unlikely that even if it did happen, the mother survived the pregnancy, let alone birth.

it's sad that people have to think up crap like that in order to find new homes for their puppies.

Athebeau

It's just a gimick to sell the pups.

I suppose it could be done with AI, but, why would someone go through the time and trouble:confused: and think of the possible genetic defects and hardship on the bitch. The Bullmastiff was created by crossbreeding Old English Mastiff's with Bulldog's a bit of a size difference.

It's amazing to think that within the dog family from the largest wolf to the 35lb border collie have the same size/shape pups. Wheather a Saint Bernard or a Coyote, pups average around 3 quarters of a pound (of course, there are always exceptions, and toy breeds do have smaller pups. But the difference in pup size are not as great as the differences in adult size. Often, differences in pup size are the result of how much energy the female can invest in the litter, rather than genetic differences.
This is a quote from biologist Raymond Coppinger who has been studying the Candid family for many years.

Fran27

Or they used some frozen sperm ;)

But either way, they are free, so it's not for money. Maybe it's just a scam like the golden retriever pups thing... 4 males and 4 females? It's a bit handy.

R

rottiegirl

I suppose it could be done with AI, but, why would someone go through the time and trouble and think of the possible genetic defects and hardship on the bitch. The Bullmastiff was created by crossbreeding Old English Mastiff's with Bulldog's a bit of a size difference.
Bulldogs were a lot taller and bigger back when the bullmastiff was created. I just cant see a 180 pound father and a 2 pound mother.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
No not possible. Well I mean its possible but the mother would NEVER survive. When my mom was a child they had a cocker spaniel. She was impregnated by a loose st bernard. She passed away.

mojozen

bullie lover
:D
TN Rottie Lover said:
Here is a Rottweiler/Dachshund mix. Pretty funny looking. Who would have thought THAT was possible! :confused:
It can work if it's a standard dachshund actually. I own a pitbull - dachshund cross. And one time I lived in a neighborhood that had a pitbull - pekingnese cross. No idea who either sets of parents were... but these funky mixes do exist!

showpug

TN Rottie Lover said:
Here is a Rottweiler/Dachshund mix. Pretty funny looking. Who would have thought THAT was possible! :confused:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4217223
Sorry, but that looks like a bad guess to me! I don't see doxie anywhere in that dog LOL! In fact, I would bet money that it's a pug mix or peke mix of some sort! Shelters and rescues are horrible at guessing breeds!

Juicy

My rat terrier 7lbs mixed with my shih tzu who was 10lbs, her pup didn't survive, she only had one puppy.

Nobody's Fool

Rescued from Hades
TN Rottie Lover said:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=4217223
Hmmm.... Something about him says "Tibetan Spaniel"........... I just KNOW that I've seen a small/medium sized dog with that face and that coloration somewhere!!!! (But NOT Rott/Dachshund mix!!! No Doxie anywhere, except maybe his legs..... but how many breeds can have legs like that? The Bassett breeds, for example....)

Sara

Members online

No members online now.