How often and what dewormer

do you use? Last Saturday I discovered 'wiggly rice' in a stool and as I'm babysitting Loula (my son and DIL's 9 month old Airedale), I didn't know if it was from Molly or Loula. Monday morning got the pills (Drontal) from the vet and dewormed them both. I'm puzzled as to how either one of the dogs got them. Loula was dewormed in April and Molly was done the end of May. Molly is also on Revolution every month and Loula is now that I'm babysitting as I didn't want to take the chance on getting fleas in the house even though my son said she didn't have fleas and they haven't done any flea prevention.

I advised the other dog owners that I meet up with every day so they could be on the look out for anything with their dogs. I'm the only one of the group that has their dog on a schedule of flea and worm prevention. Their dogs are all fine. Go figure!!

So what is your schedule, do you have one, or do you wait until treatment is required?

Pam111

Sounds like tapeworms from fleas.
I don't have a routine for regular worms. I would deworm as needed. They were dewormed as puppies (and Ash had tapeworms when I got him). They're on heartworm preventative, but I can't remember what the brand is right now (I just used the last pills in the pack) to know whether it also prevents other worms. They weren't on any flea preventative and I didn't have any fleas for the longest time, but last week we found some fleas, so now they're all on Frontline Plus.

bubbatd

I don't think we've ever had worms except before flea prevention . Take a stool sample in once a year and have been worm free forever !

Yes, this is the first experience I've had with worms. It's disgusting! Now instead of just picking up the stools, I put the bag over my hand and break apart the turds to make sure the inside is worm free - didn't think I'd be a sh!t squeezer! :(

Sally had a horrible case of rounds and tapes when I got her. The Vet de-wormed her with Drontal plus twice. Like I said before....I was given a few extra prizes along with my Sally baby. I still check the poo just because the rounds were so bad it looked like pure spaghetti. I have never in my life seen that many in one BM. Bless her heart. It's no wonder she tips the scales at 30lbs!

Members online

No members online now.