People that work 40+ hours a week

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Like today, its my day off, i could be cleaning but all im doing is posting on here and watching my DVR'd episodes of "Who do you think you are?" lol

CaliTerp07

Those of you who have people come clean your house, what kind of cleaning do they do? Is it mopping floors and dusting, or is it deep cleaning the crevices in the windows that I skip over? And how much do you pay (ball park)?

Michiyo-Fir

Those of you who have people come clean your house, what kind of cleaning do they do? Is it mopping floors and dusting, or is it deep cleaning the crevices in the windows that I skip over? And how much do you pay (ball park)?
It depends what you ask them to do. My aunt's house has always had a live in cleaner or one that comes 2-3 times a week. Vacuum is a must, since we have lots of hair. Floor gets mopped, all sinks and showers are cleaned with bathroom cleaner, toilets cleaned. These are the ones that get done every single time. It also depends on how long they're spending at your house. If the house isn't dirty, then windows get cleaned inside and outside, stoves get washed, dusting wherever necessary. Then possibly laundry if on that particular day there really isn't much work. Every few months the dog room gets bleached entirely.

Usually pay is between 10-15/ hour. My aunt has a big house, so the cleaner does 4 hours minimum whenever we have her come in.

joce

I'm thinking of a maid. I spend my days of cleaning and its just not worth it to work like mad and not have time to enjoy what I work for. If I could make enough part time I would be thrilled but I need the full time money for all our toys-yet I don't have the time to enjoy them:cool:

we are planning on taking it down to no more than two dogs when our senior bunch passes but you know how that goes:eek:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am thinking of hiring someone to be honest. My co-worker spends $70 for a full house cleaning every few weeks. Even once a month would help out.... I feel so behind on things and look around here and don't know where to even start. My place is so small though that I just don't have room to make things look tidy.

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
I'm in the "dunno" camp. I work 40 hours and it's hard to find time. I'm one of those "needs 8+ hours of sleep" people, and NOTHING gets in the way of my sleeping LOL. Luckily I work at home, so I take computer breaks and clean something for 5-10 minutes. Except lately I've been training the dog for 5 minutes instead. Little bits at a time is the only way I get anything done it seems. If I had to commute to an office, though, my house would be such a mess :D

Members online

No members online now.