OMG I'm freaking out!

I understand where all of you are coming from. A fair statement, it just should have been handled in a differant fashion. Us old people get tied up in a knot when these things happen. Just be sure to tell us if the dog is okay.

Nope no news so far. The owners still have not come home. I know that they were out of state and took a plane there. So I'm hoping that they will be back soon to take care of all of this. I don't see the other dogs running loose. I'm hoping one of their family members who live in the area came over and penned the dogs in the house or something to prevent this from happening to another dog.

If I were the owner's and received a call like that, I'd be on the first flight home. It wasn't my dog and I barely know him but it's still upsetting. You can feel the difference without him. It's so quiet and there is not a dog barking for miles. There is a lost feeling in the atmosphere here. I'm still wishing that he will be ok and that the owners will do what they can to save him. Whenever they return.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
If the owners are out of town - who is feeding and looking after their dogs??

Am I missing something?

bubbatd

Please give us an update ASAP. Sorry that some of us jumped to conclusions ..... but we didn't have the whole story .

If the owners are out of town - who is feeding and looking after their dogs??

Am I missing something?
They said they have family who lives in the area. I haven't seen anyone over there, except this man who hit the dog, since they left a couple days ago. Someone could come early in the morning and feed them but I can't be sure. They have had their porch light on for days so I wold think that if someone is feeding the dogs they would turn it off. I don't know. :(

The entire situation is sad.

Please give us an update ASAP. Sorry that some of us jumped to conclusions ..... but we didn't have the whole story .
Sorry Grammy I didn't give enough info. When I first started the thread, I typed out every little detail, And it was like 12 paragraphs long. SO I went back to edit it so make it shorter but I guess I took too much out. I was so upset and angry at the same time. Upset that the dog was injured but also angry that the owners don't keep their dogs confined where they will be safe. Apparently after seeing another neighbor just a little bit ago, these dogs have run loose for years. SOme have called animal control about it but they won't do anything.

Since we live a couple miles from the nearest paved road, not that many people come down this way. If there is a car out here no one has seen before it's mostly someone got lost. So they think it's ok to let the dogs run wild since there's not alot of traffic down here. And if there was, you can't go more than 20 MPH down this road. That's just not the case. Even if One car comes down your road within a 12 hour stretch, that one car can hit your dog running loose.

I hope that they decide to keep their dogs kenneled or put up a fence. This is a terrible way to learn about the dangers of letting dogs run loose.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Wow - and this is allowed to happen?

The RSPCA would be involved by now if it was here....

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
If you are afraid to go into that yard, and the owners of the dogs arent home, maybe you can go to another neighbor, knock on their door. SOmeone else may know these neighbors, know where they can be found, and maybe would be willing to go into the yard to look for the pup. The poor thing needs someone willing to try to help it.
ditto ditto ditto DO SOMETHING!I would have been out the door when the guy tried to make the dog walk..:yikes: out AND running..check that i would have been out the door when the dog got hit.

Just bout everyone in our neighborhood now knows what happened. I man from further up the street stopped me when I was outside walking my dog and asked me if I knew if the dog was ok. I told him I didn't and I haven't seen the other dogs either. He said that family members came and got the rest of the dogs this morning and will keep them for now. I asked him if he knew when the owner's would be back and he didn't know. He did say that they had family feeding the dogs everyday before they went to work in the morning. He didn't know if the pup was ok or not though. He is friends with the neighbors with the dogs and said he will be contacting them today. He said there was some kind of family problem and they had to leave rather quickly.

I hope that in the future they can find a dogsitter or board the dogs if they have to leave. I know that they don't really know us but I would have been happy to keep the dogs at my house. Since I am the closest neighbor they have it would be easy for them to knock on my door and say they have an emergency can you watch my dogs? When they come back I'll make it known that I will do that if they just ask.

I do n't know why people let their dogs run loose. Could have prevented the whole problem. sorry you are so upset, and I hope you feel better. Hard to react sometimes in the heat of the moment. When my husband had his accident, I stood there like a statue for quite a bit of t ime before I could react.

yoko

how old was the kid?? i can't imagine how messed up a kid has to be to think that an injured animal in a lot of pain was funny in anyway

Members online

No members online now.