is this normal?

In 2 instances within the past month, I have had 2 dogs snap at me in front of their owner(s). I am a very dog-knowledgeable person and know how to behave around dogs. However, if it happens I shrug it off as my fault so why would the owner be so apologetic and asking if i'm ok repeatedly? If I say I'm fine forget about it, that should be the end of it, right?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
What she said. ^

Some dogs are just not nice dogs.... it happens. But it doesn't mean all dogs are like that. ;)

2BlackDogs

I agree with Zoe. I've only been snapped at by one dog so I really don't have an experience with it thank goodness. He was a very agressive dog who tried to bite my hubby and grandmother as well.

Rubylove

Training the Trainer
And you need to be careful, too, because I learned a scary lesson like that. Leant down to give a strange dog a cuddle and pat and almost got my arm ripped off. That was a long, long time ago, but I've never forgotten the lesson - just because you are good with dogs, doesn't mean everyone is, and don't assume that everyone's dogs will be as safe as yours.

bubbatd

Sorry , but I would never own a dog that would ever snap or bite .

I shouldn't be the end of it. If you are that dog knowledgable and the dog still snaps then obviously the owner should have MUCH better control of her dog and should be severely correcting the dog. Next time it will be a little kid running up to the dog and it will get bit.
(of course rescue/abused dogs are and exception but they should be dogs that are able to be trained back to a non biting state)

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Sorry , but I would never own a dog that would ever snap or bite .
Ditto! I have too many kids and its a huge liability problem!

I agree with others here who said you probably arent the first one thier dog has snapped at. The owners should be responsible and put a muzzle on thier dogs if they are walking them in public. JMO

Members online

No members online now.