Why dont people fea their dogs? WTF?

I remember someone on a different thread mentioned feeding your dog garlic to keep fleas away from them. It doesn't sound like something that would help with a big infestation but if those people aren't doing anything anyway it might be worth a shot.

showluver

We have the same treat the world, still have fleas here as well/
We use Advantage and it seems to do the trick. Also do a flea bath prior to application. We bomb a few times a year to keep them in check, treat the yard 2-3 times a season, and have the D-earth we use at times as well.

Tough fight they give us, I am beginning to think that if a nuclear bomb went off, the only living things left will be roaches and fleas, lol.

Pam111

I never had a flea problem in Michigan but I do here. The Frontline just does not work and I am afraid to use any products on the carpets and things because of the baby

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I have just learned to accept that we will have a few fleas.
we are by no means infested.
being a dog groomer here in flea country it is also VERY hard for me not to bring fleas home with me.

We live in Alabama, so we keep spot on on year round. I personaly prefer to use K9 Adavantix. Sometimes even at christmas time we have 70 degree weather. No choice but to use it year round.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
I have yet to see a flea.. Non of the dogs here have ever had them (Seriously).. Even the outdoor dogs that roam. When reading about dogs with fleas I find it hard to actually grasp the concept. lol..

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I have yet to see a flea.. Non of the dogs here have ever had them (Seriously).. Even the outdoor dogs that roam. When reading about dogs with fleas I find it hard to actually grasp the concept. lol..
You realize of course that all of us that are fighting fleas will now be sending them to you so you can share our 'joy'. :rofl1:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
When reading about dogs with fleas I find it hard to actually grasp the concept. lol..
Same here lol. Never had a problem with fleas... Juno's actually the first animal I've had that we've used Frontline on (and I don't even know why we started using it). I'm more worried about ticks than I am fleas, and we've never had an issue with ticks either lol.

showluver

Yep, we will now be packaging them up so we can share our joys with you :rofl1:

Not fair, I want to move where you are!

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
Yes, please have some of ours! Sienna is a flea magnet. It doesn't help that all the cats are on Advantage, but her fur is so thick the Advantage just disappears. So of course, she gets all of the fleas that aren't going on the cats. I just tried the Comfortis pill, and it seems to be working great! I, too, hate using chemicals but in this case it's better than suffering with fleas.

I tried DE on Sienna, but it was he** on her coat. It's very drying, and I wouldn't reccommend it for long- or double-coated dogs. It works pretty well on the kitten, who is almost old enough for Advantage.

I'm also noticing that the fleas gravitate towards the poor white kitten and not so much on the darker cats. Or maybe they're just more obvious in contrast to light colored fur?

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
my flea magnate dog is black.

well, black and white. The fleas seem to only hang out on his white areas, but that might just be the only place that i can see them

Doberluv

I don't have fleas here in north Idaho, but when I lived in Washington....oh wow! Pretty bad sometimes. I had an infestation once or twice in my house where they were getting on the humans too. Disgusting. I discovered Flea Busters. That stuff is amazing. It does not treat the dog so you need Advantage or something like that for the animals. But you can either have the professionals from Flea Busters come out to your house and dust it everywhere....in cushions, back in behind the molding, under furniture....everywhere or do it yourself. It lasts I think a year or so if you don't shampoo your carpet. And best of all, it is non-toxic. It is something which suffocates the fleas I think....or dehydrates them. That stuff REALLY worked to get them out of the house. You have to get them not only off the dog, but to stop breeding and living in the house. Of course, they can still get them from outside on the grass, but if they get inside, they'll die. Anyhow, it made a huge difference and we solved our flea problem.

Oh...it looks like they have some product for the dog himself now. If I had a flea problem, I'd definitely try all their products.

This sounds like spam...like I'm writing an ad. But I'm not. Seriously. :eek:

Flea Control Treatment Kills Dog Fleas and Cat Fleas - Fleabusters

S

Squishy22

So I just went to pick up some revolution and the vets office here in hicktown only has it for CATS. the only thing they had for dogs was front line. Is front Line any good? I am worried it might not work well...

BLAH!!!

Members online

No members online now.